• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

lack of discipline

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

Maybe I was extremely drunk Steve, but I didn't think the Mike Jenkins hit was all that late to be honest with ya... I don't know... I'd have to re-watch it... but the guy had just barely stepped out... I thought the coaches for UL lobbied for that call pretty good.

agreed.  100%

questionable call that could have gone either way.

i'll take that call, simply for the intimidation factor.

u know, one week it's "Jenk is running away from contact!"  the next week it's "Jenk is laying questionable hits!!"

come on.  sometimes a "penalty" like that on a big hit can rattle the opponent and give our team a psychological advantage.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  44
  • Days Won:  0

Im pretty sure in the begining of the season they showed a stat saying like over the last 3 yrs USF was the most penalized team in college football..

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,009
  • Days Won:  469

We've been successful being aggressive.  There have been a few games that we have lost while limiting our penalties.  When aggressive (penalty-laden) we win far more than we lose.  This is just another gripe for some, and that's cool.  If we could win while committing no penalties that would be great too.

• Content Count:  1,894

I couldn't agree with mikeg more,yall just want to say something at anytime wether you have any basis for saying what you say or not. You just throw it out there. Can Mike Jenkins ever live up to your expectations?..Our first round cornerback....the one who played 4 years here over some pretty good school choices. Don't be like the gator fans who boo'd the guy all season long who took them to the national championship game....leak....I mean give the man some respect leave him alone. It was nothing.

• Content Count:  282

iis a major problem and until the coaches address it usf will never reach it's full potential

jenkins cheap shot early in the game was  a stunner

last night it didnt come into play but it will as it alwAYS has in the past when team has mental breakdown at many phases during the game against an inferior opponent

no dobut last night was a great victory and bonehead plays arent usually discussed or remembered

To be honest with you I was surprised that they called it.  But then again I am continually surprised by the pointlessness and negativity of your comments so I must just be a dense, Tampa non-real city dweller.  ::)

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Watching that Jenkins hit from the SE corner of the stadium I couldn't tell where the out of bounds line was, and I thought it was a perfectly fine hit.  The receiver had turned upfield, and Jenks had to hit him in my opinion.  I really thought it was a bad call live.

I watched the play again today and really didn't see anything wrong with it.  This is football isn't it?  Ticky tack ******** call.

• Content Count:  5,241

It was a clean hit.

Clean or not, its football, if you cant take that hit, go learn ballet!

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,009
  • Days Won:  469

or be a west coast personal injury attorney.

• Content Count:  12,293

I was all in favor of the Jenkins hit - I'd take that penalty anyday.  The hits USF delivered set the tone early...UL crumbled.

EXACTLY!!!

Jenkins was sending a message to those guys early on.  Mike knew that this game was going to be his biggest test of the year and he was fired up.  I promise you that the WR on that play was thinking about that hit the rest of the game.  Besides, it was even that bad, the Ref had to throw the flag since Mike sent that guy flying like 10 feet in the air.

The good thing about all this traffic on this site is we see less and less of Smazza around here. 

Archived