• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Gator Bowl!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

I don't have actual data, but I can  give rough estimates for the games I was at...

Auburn, maybe 2500?

FAU, 4578?

UConn, less than 200

Wow :-[ really ???

I tried taking a picture of our section from under my poncho....it didn't work out too well.

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

It better be the Gator Bowl, if not i'm going to have a tough time turning down the Gators Bowl game if it is in Florida which is probably will with the Outback Bowl, and Capitol One Bowl's getting cracks at the Gators. I doubt their getting in the BCS so they will be in one of those bowls so unless the Bulls go to the Gator Bowl my choice will be between going out of the state to see my school play, or stay in state, save money and get to watch my second favorite team who i've been a fan of since the early 90s play.

Maybe Charlotte i'd consider but i'm pretty sure that would be a long drive, and I keep hearing bad things about Birmingham so even though that is in driving range I don't know if i'd want to go. I would look into it of course.

the game in B-Ham is on the 22nd Mr. Bandwagon.

i would have to miss that game too, i have exams the 20th and 21st

• Content Count:  1,829
  • Days Won:  1

O.K. so if the numbers are right FAU had the most USF fans so hmmmmm let me see that means games held in state in within driving distance would tend to have more fans! One more reason the Gator Bowl would be better it is in state yet far enough away that most of us would spend money on hotels meals etc.....You can't make dollars if you don't make sense!

• Content Count:  1,457
  • Days Won:  0

Gator Bowl or Charlotte Bowl - win V L'ville and either is still possible.

• Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

let's just win out so we don't end up in toronto

O.K. so if the numbers are right FAU had the most USF fans so hmmmmm let me see that means games held in state in within driving distance would tend to have more fans! One more reason the Gator Bowl would be better it is in state yet far enough away that most of us would spend money on hotels meals etc.....You can't make dollars if you don't make sense!

Except... well, I would say the Auburn game probably sold more hotel rooms than the FAU game.

So, if butts in seats is important, then USF makes sense.  If hotel rooms are important, then USF doesn't make sense at all.  A 1:00pm kickoff means a lot fans will leave Tampa Jan 1 around 7:00AM (HA, that'll happen) drive up for the game, watch USF pound the ACC opponent, then drive back to Tampa -- back home by 9:00pm.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  6,748
  • Days Won:  3

Tampa Jan 1 around 7:00AM (HA, that'll happen) drive up for the game, watch USF pound the ACC opponent, then drive back to Tampa -- back home by 9:00pm.

That's pretty much what my agenda would be. Drive up - catch the game - shove off. So the command decision would be based on hotel occupancy only. Because...if you bring x-number of fans from outside driving range,  those x-number would necessarily have to go the hotel route (the old captive audience theory). If you bring that same volume from the bay area, you only MISS OUT on the hotel revenue.

So, you can see where these guys would love to have teams that HAVE TO overnite and generally bring a large volume.

Do you think it irritates them that USF has the potential to pee in the punchbowl? I think it does.  8)

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Maybe we can agree to make up for the lost hotel revenue by increasing our alcohol revenue.  By my calculations we would all need to drink 22 beers on game day.  Who's in?

;D

• Content Count:  1,829
  • Days Won:  1

O.K. so let me get this straight. People are going to drive from Tampa the night after New Years eve? They are going to get up a 7am after maybe staying up until oh 1am. Then drive all the way to JAX and then sit through the game and drive back?, yeah right!!! I think most of us would get a room for  New Years eve have our drinks celebrate the new year, sleep in our hotel in Jax get up a little late and head to the game in full force. Then maybe drive back to Tampa or have one more night celebrating our win at the Landing. I mean come on!!

Archived