• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Can you really get thrown out for standing up?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,238
  • Days Won:  0

As for reasoning with TSA or especially the TPD I wouldn't hold my breath on it. Some of the TSA people aren't bad but they want to run the games like Bucs games and do not understand that college football games are a different atmosphere with different rules. As for TPD I have nothing but respect for cops, but unfortunately the ones at the games seem to have something to prove. When I was kicked out of the first game I simply asked the cop why I was being asked to leave (it was the end of the 4th quarter and I had been standing the entire game and was not personally told once I could not). The cop looked at me like I was stupid and after asking 2 or 3 more times why I was being kicked out he finally said because I was standing.

TSA are wannabe cops and the TPD, State Troops, Sheriffs Dept and Highway Patrolmen are all there as off duty security. They could care less and usually don't make a move unless otherwise told to by the TSA. They're not looking to be bothered. Do you have any idea how much those guys are making an hour for standing around? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

As time goes on, the seasons will get crazier and crazier. You will see more and more incidents, minor ones and others. Fair? No but that's what happens when you turn your house (public stadium) over to someone else (Glaziers).

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,165

Keep standing, get thrown out, sue TSA for throwing you out unfairly when you were following all of their official rules

Keep standing, get thrown out, sue TSA for throwing you out unfairly when you were following all of their official rules

1-800-ASK-GARY  ;D

• Content Count:  67

I'm all for standing at the appropriate time but in my section we had one lady with a broken foot and another who is 8 months pregnant as well as several kids. We have this guy in our section who not only feels the need to stand up the entire game despite pleasant request to sit  but he and his buddy are the resident cheerleaders. The spend more time with their back to the field telling everyone to stand on defense and be quiet on offense. During the West Virginia games I know they missed several plays. Most of us have been going to games for some time we don't need people telling when to get pumped. At this point there antics are counter productive b/c they've alienated most of the section.

• Content Count:  4,738

I spoke to an elderly couple on Sunday that have been going to games for years.  They said they arent going anymore because of the standing.

I'm all for standing, but i would think in the future the ticket office could try to sway certain fans that prefer to watch a game on their arse into certain sections. 

If they simply set aside a few sections for older fans or pointed out sections as seating preferenced..? ??? Maybe they could make more fans happier. 

I think this is a problem more of USF having a young program.  If the program was 50 years old there would be plenty of older alum that have had good seats for a long time and probably wouldnt stand.  Whereas younger alumj would more or less be relegeated to section near students and the other end zone due to older alum having tickets longer.  We don;t have that issue because our older alum havent enjoyed a long tradition.  Therefore a lot of younger fans in good seats.  :2cents

i like 103.  two sections from students.  Plenty of standers

• Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

I usually only sit during timeouts/replays and sometimes at halftime.  I've been lucky in that the people ive had sit behind me (always different) usually take my lead and end up standing most of the game too. I've yet to hear any complaints. Although I can't say that i'd hear them even if I was getting them since I am pretty focused on whats happening on the field.

Section 108...50-50...but getting better every year.

Takes time. It's easy to say we been at this for 11 years now but in the whole sceme of life thing, that's a dew drop on Mercury. Old folks, young folk, sitting, standing...come one come all...and the bearded lady too. We'll work out our differences as time goes.

If we don't, I know a guy, that knows a guy, that slept with this guy's girl, that knows a girl, that knew a guy....that can take care of these so called fans for a min. $$$. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Just give me sometime to track all these people down that I just stated, might take a while.  ;D

• Content Count:  1,235

I think those people who turn back and try to get everybody up on their feet are funny.  They should be paying more attention to the game.  I can and do cheer more than them and stay in my seat most of the time.  I jump up when big plays are made and stand on occasion, more like Rocky Style.

Do you people think you're more of a fan (or man) because you stand for most or all of the game?  You're not.

I think more people would rather sit for most of the game and stand on occasion than stand all the time.  Maybe they should make a standing only section or two for you types who think it is the way to watch college football.

• Content Count:  5,903

I seriously think the Athletics should add a alumni standing section in the south end zone. They can tell people that when they go to purchase the tickets through the ticket office.

1. There can be more noise/excitement in the south end zone

2. Those that want to sit the whole time can come and enjoy the game still

Problem solved!

• Content Count:  4,738

I seriously think the Athletics should add a alumni standing section in the south end zone. They can tell people that when they go to purchase the tickets through the ticket office.

1. There can be more noise/excitement in the south end zone

2. Those that want to sit the whole time can come and enjoy the game still

Problem solved!

ill take the northwest corner

Archived