• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Can you really get thrown out for standing up?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Announced attendance was 57K and actual was 45K and change.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

The first quarter lasted 63 minutes, it was in either of the blogs.  Lots of incomplete passes on both sides led to clock stoppages.  That and all the change of possessions.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,471
  • Days Won:  13

Well you know what they say.... Beans beans their good for your heart........

Hehe, I think next time he touches me I am going to karate chop his hand as hard as I can.

Seriously though, what is the worst thing that can happen if they complain about us standing up?  Get thrown out for one game?  What gets you banned from coming back?  Beating the guy to a pulp?  I really want to keep my seats for next year.

We were thinking of taking the largest member of our group and sitting them in front of the guy so when he stands up he really won't be able to see.  He is also the most scary looking member of our group instead of my wispy, friendly-looking appearance.

I'll stand in front of him, I'm 6'5 320

• Content Count:  1,238
  • Days Won:  0

Hehe, I think next time he touches me I am going to karate chop his hand as hard as I can.

Seriously though, what is the worst thing that can happen if they complain about us standing up?  Get thrown out for one game?  What gets you banned from coming back?  Beating the guy to a pulp?  I really want to keep my seats for next year.

We were thinking of taking the largest member of our group and sitting them in front of the guy so when he stands up he really won't be able to see.  He is also the most scary looking member of our group instead of my wispy, friendly-looking appearance.

I'll stand in front of him also, 4'2" 89 lbs

• Content Count:  21,023
  • Days Won:  38

Haha!  I don't want this guy to have a heart attack with all these people standing in front of him.  Seriously I don't think he could take it.  I mean, it's a college football game.  Are we not supposed to sit there with our legs crossed and hands in lap at all times?  USE YOUR INSIDE VOICES!!! 

I really wish they had a special section for these types of people.  Old yuppie section?  Home in living room?

Hey as a matter of fact, the cheerleaders had signs that say STAND UP and GET LOUD.  Are they trying to get me thrown out of the game?

• Content Count:  1,238

Haha!  I don't want this guy to have a heart attack with all these people standing in front of him.  Seriously I don't think he could take it.  I mean, it's a college football game.  Are we not supposed to sit there with our legs crossed and hands in lap at all times?  USE YOUR INSIDE VOICES!!! 

I really wish they had a special section for these types of people.  Old yuppie section?  Home in living room?

Hey as a matter of fact, the cheerleaders had signs that say STAND UP and GET LOUD.  Are they trying to get me thrown out of the game?

It's a CONSPIRACY I tell ya!!!

• Content Count:  403

I think the cheerleaders were trying to get me in trouble with my wife because they kept going up and raising one of their legs up in the air.

:P

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  815

I'm a little late on this topic but yes, you really can get kicked out of the stadium for standing up. I was one of the people kicked out of Elon for standing. In addition they have come to check tickets in my section at other home games because our group stands all game. I think it pisses off the cops that we are season ticket holders because we're young and bring a student section atmosphere to a different part of the stadium.

As far as your particular situation I'd continue to stand and cheer when you want to. The people behind you can stand up as well and if they're not capable of standing there are handicap seats in the stadium. If they choose not to stand then they are choosing not to see the play. If they want to sit all game they should watch from the comfort of their couch where there's no one to stand in front of them. I personally would invest in a shirt that says "if you can't see stand up" on the back of it, but that's just me. Just curious, what section are you in?

As for reasoning with TSA or especially the TPD I wouldn't hold my breath on it. Some of the TSA people aren't bad but they want to run the games like Bucs games and do not understand that college football games are a different atmosphere with different rules. As for TPD I have nothing but respect for cops, but unfortunately the ones at the games seem to have something to prove. When I was kicked out of the first game I simply asked the cop why I was being asked to leave (it was the end of the 4th quarter and I had been standing the entire game and was not personally told once I could not). The cop looked at me like I was stupid and after asking 2 or 3 more times why I was being kicked out he finally said because I was standing.

As USF continues to grow this is going to continue to be an issue. I have gone to USF games since I transferred there in 2003 and I have never sat at a game whether it was at home or away. This is going to continue to be an issue if something is not done because many Tampa fans don't understand the concept of a college game atmosphere.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

I had another incident with these non-fans who have been tagging along with their family sitting behind me.  They don't clap for the team or even show any interest except for when I stand up.  Our whole section freaking stands up except for these old fart yuppie douchebags behind us.

I read on here once that someone was thrown out for standing through the whole game.  I do not do that.  I am talking about big plays and defensive stand moments.

I seriously hate these people and I am not going to get into any details about how rude they were to us but I am pondering what to do in the next game.  I am not moving my seats and they can kiss my butt.

You do realize this is a completely wasted thread ..... Those bandwagoning clowns behind you WON'T be back.... for a while, anway.  ;)

Archived