• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Can you really get thrown out for standing up?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  21,077
  • Days Won:  39

I think those people who turn back and try to get everybody up on their feet are funny.  They should be paying more attention to the game.  I can and do cheer more than them and stay in my seat most of the time.  I jump up when big plays are made and stand on occasion, more like Rocky Style.

Do you people think you're more of a fan (or man) because you stand for most or all of the game?  You're not.

I think more people would rather sit for most of the game and stand on occasion than stand all the time.  Maybe they should make a standing only section or two for you types who think it is the way to watch college football.

Hehe.  I would actually prefer to stand for the whole game like in the WVU game.  I just think I would receive a lot of hate. 

Oh and I don't think people care about being more of a fan by standing up and think they just want to get up and jump around and get loud.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  815
  • Days Won:  0

I think those people who turn back and try to get everybody up on their feet are funny.  They should be paying more attention to the game.  I can and do cheer more than them and stay in my seat most of the time.  I jump up when big plays are made and stand on occasion, more like Rocky Style.

Do you people think you're more of a fan (or man) because you stand for most or all of the game?   You're not.

I think more people would rather sit for most of the game and stand on occasion than stand all the time.  Maybe they should make a standing only section or two for you types who think it is the way to watch college football.

Hehe.  I would actually prefer to stand for the whole game like in the WVU game.  I just think I would receive a lot of hate. 

Oh and I don't think people care about being more of a fan by standing up and think they just want to get up and jump around and get loud.

I agree, I don't consider myself more of a fan because I stand the whole game, that's just how I've always watched the games and it's how I prefer to watch them. My friends and I stand the entire game, get loud, encourage crowd noise on defense, and still manage to watch every play of the game. I agree with the idea of making the South Endzone a designated area where you can stand. I actually already suggested it to someone I know who works with USF athletics on game security.

There's nothing wrong with sitting, but honestly it's college football and you're always going to have a lot of people that prefer to stand the whole game.  USF should try to accomodate all of it's fans.

• Content Count:  3,827

I think the standing vs sitting thing is laughable.

I'm sure I'm not the only NASCAR fan on these message boards, and I would challenge anyone who is to go watch a race in person. How does this relate to the standing topic? At a NASCAR race, you stand.......the entire time. When the caution comes out, everyone sits. When the green flies again, everyone stands.

It's what you do. If you dont like it, and you sit down as some sort of protest, you're only hurting yourself. You will see zero of the race, while the rest of the crowd will see all of it.

Personally, I stand at USF games. I believe that college events are a much different atmosphere than pro, and should be treated as such.

• Content Count:  19,265
  • Days Won:  255

We are talking about sporting events here Shoop...

I think the standing vs sitting thing is laughable.

I'm sure I'm not the only NASCAR fan on these message boards, and I would challenge anyone who is to go watch a race in person. How does this relate to the standing topic? At a NASCAR race, you stand.......the entire time. When the caution comes out, everyone sits. When the green flies again, everyone stands.

It's what you do. If you dont like it, and you sit down as some sort of protest, you're only hurting yourself. You will see zero of the race, while the rest of the crowd will see all of it.

Personally, I stand at USF games. I believe that college events are a much different atmosphere than pro, and should be treated as such.

• Content Count:  1,238

Everyone here has been speaking their mind on the subject of standing and getting loud at a home game. What I find a bit funny is when you go to an away game and our own alumni or fans which travel get upset also over these same issues. When you have a small group of fans traveling to an away game it looks worse if all of them are sitting and being quiet. Standing and being loud at least gives some appearance of their being more people and IMO helps the team know that they are backed up. In no way am I saying that this is a problem with every away game nor with every fan at an away game. Just like at our own home field, it's in pockets.  :-\

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

Using that logic, you should either be sitting at NASCAR races and standing at USF games or sitting at USF games and standing at NASCAR races ....

Using that logic, you should either be sitting at NASCAR races and standing at USF games or sitting at USF games and standing at NASCAR races ....

I didn't know that Nascar had a college team  ::)

• Content Count:  771

close to it... teh Society of Automotive Engineers here at USF are ranked 1 in the nation in Baja...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

They don't .... NASCAR is a pro event ..... I gotta stop making these so complcated.

They don't .... NASCAR is a pro event ..... I gotta stop making these so complcated.

I was just joking there Triple B  ;)  but It looks like you missed SixtySix's post  ::) right b/4 your last one.  :o ;D

Archived