• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Can you really get thrown out for standing up?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

I doubt these guys are season ticket holders.  Well, let's say I hope they aren't.  I am wondering if they got the tickets all at once or something like that because they haven't been sitting there all year.

sounds like they bought the mini-pack.

as far as your problem... like someone already posted, standing is not against the rules. 

so i would ignore the idiots and continue standing.  it's a sporting event, for christ-sake, not the f***ing Opera.  if they're gonna complain, you'll find out exactly what the police say about it...  u might find out that the cops tell THEM to blow it out their ass.

also, i wouldn't allow them to touch u--- whether it's a tap on the shoulder or otherwise.  that's a violation of your personal space, and u should put a stop to that ASAP.  tell them politely not to touch u.  if they touch u again after that, something to the effect of "touch me again and we're gonna have problems" will do... just don't make an explicit threats.

again...  i would just ignore them and continue standing.  if they take action, u can deal with the cops/TSA and ask them (politely, of course) to show u where in the stadium policies it says u can't stand to cheer for the team.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,238
  • Days Won:  0

As far as standing goes im pretty sure the first time they complain or maybe even the first 2 you get warned (depending on the attitude the officer or TSA person they complain to) then after that you get the gate.  Fighting of course gets you kicked out and you might even catch a charge, im not sure about banning though.  You should ask them if they are going to renew those same seats at the next home game so you can plan a move or get them to plan a move so this wont be an issue next year.   

I have front row seats though and I really like our spot.  Honestly this has never been an issue until after the WVU game.  Luckily they weren't there for the WVU or their poor tired old legs would have gone limp. 

I doubt these guys are season ticket holders.  Well, let's say I hope they aren't.  I am wondering if they got the tickets all at once or something like that because they haven't been sitting there all year.

I had these seats way before these Gator farts so I think they should have to move.  I am just wondering what can actually happen because I'll get thrown out of every game if I have to until these pieces of crap jump off the bandwagon.

If the issue is a huge one with these people I would confront the TSA first, when next at the stadium, and let them know your concerns with these "so called" fans. Show them that you're just a fan not wanting any confrontaion and yet be able to stand and cheer. You bringing the point foward goes along way rather than waiting for them ( the so called fans) to make the first move. Either that or just ride it out and put up with them. They may move in the long run. Especially, as you noted, since they do not seem to be season ticket holders. This seems to be on going throughout the stadium. Just in pockets mainly. People are just going to have to except that this is a highly charged event they are attending.

I wish you the best of luck.

As far as standing goes im pretty sure the first time they complain or maybe even the first 2 you get warned (depending on the attitude the officer or TSA person they complain to) then after that you get the gate.  Fighting of course gets you kicked out and you might even catch a charge, im not sure about banning though.  You should ask them if they are going to renew those same seats at the next home game so you can plan a move or get them to plan a move so this wont be an issue next year.   

I have front row seats though and I really like our spot.  Honestly this has never been an issue until after the WVU game.  Luckily they weren't there for the WVU or their poor tired old legs would have gone limp. 

I had these seats way before these Gator farts so I think they should have to move.  I am just wondering what can actually happen because I'll get thrown out of every game if I have to until these pieces of crap jump off the bandwagon.

If the issue is a huge one with these people I would confront the TSA first, when next at the stadium, and let them know your concerns with these "so called" fans. Show them that you're just a fan not wanting any confrontaion and yet be able to stand and cheer. You bringing the point foward goes along way rather than waiting for them ( the so called fans) to make the first move. Either that or just ride it out and put up with them. They may move in the long run. Especially, as you noted, since they do not seem to be season ticket holders. This seems to be on going throughout the stadium. Just in pockets mainly. People are just going to have to except that this is a highly charged event they are attending.

I wish you the best of luck.

good point cubano.

approach TSA next home game (the last of the season, against L'Ville) and make them aware that there are fans being rude and touching u simply for cheering.

get the Rent-A-Cops on your side and take the initiative.

your experience shouldn't be ruined by ******** that think a football game at Raymond James should be like Bingo night, where u only stand up and shout if u win something.

• Content Count:  403

That's a great suggestion -- Call the cops on THEM!  Tell the cops that you are being harrassed by them.

• Content Count:  21,022
  • Days Won:  38

Very good points!  Maybe I am more afraid of them complaining than I should be.  If they show up to the next game (if there aren't any Matlock re-runs on), I will probably go talk to one of these TSA guys myself and get a clarification in case they complain.

Very good points!  Maybe I am more afraid of them complaining than I should be.  If they show up to the next game (if there aren't any Matlock re-runs on), I will probably go talk to one of these TSA guys myself and get a clarification in case they complain.

!!! BINGO !!!

Oops. Sorry......bingo.  ;D

don't just get a clarification, make the TSA aware of those people being rude and disruptive to u.  their game experience is not more important than yours.  u are entitled to enjoy yourself in a responsible way, and being able to stand and cheer on big plays is part of the game experience!

assert your rights, brother.  fight the power (and those Gayturd fans) !!

don't just get a clarification, make the TSA aware of those people being rude and disruptive to u.  their game experience is not more important than yours.  u are entitled to enjoy yourself in a responsible way, and being able to stand and cheer on big plays is part of the game experience!

assert your rights, brother.  fight the power (and those Gayturd fans) !!

:hippy

• Content Count:  6,574

The 4 of us stand a lot. At the West Virginia game we sat maybe for a half dozen or so plays. There is a lady behind us who moans at times and we just tell her to stand too.  Standing is easier than jumping up and down on my bad knee.

The 4 of us stand a lot. At the West Virginia game we sat maybe for a half dozen or so plays. There is a lady behind us who moans at times and we just tell her to stand too.  Standing is easier than jumping up and down on my bad knee.

Geez! Then you're not a "true" die-hard fan.  ;)

We never sat down for that game.  ;D

Was it just me or did the first half of this past game seem to go on and on?

Was this game any longer than the ones in the past?

Anyone with actual data on the time and another thing...they didn't state over the p.a. what the attendence was. At least I did not hear it.

Archived