• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This student ticket thing is bull spit

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

I'm pretty sure all big schools have ticket pickups starting the Monday of a game week.  The wristbands might be a different scenario, but then again, other student sections are all in one place.  RayJay only has so much room in the endzone for students, so they had to make other plans with other sections going forward.  You make it sound like a chore just to bring your ticket, a wristband, and your ID.  I don't hear any other students on this board complaining about it, so it must work for the majority of diehard football fans in the student body.     

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

We all know how responsive Athletics has been this year. They've been very proactive about many things. I'm sure they are doing the best they can. I'm sure they knew there was going to be high demand for WV, but were caught a bit off guard about the UNC game.

Seriously though, wearing a wrist band until game day isn't exactly the worst thing in the world. Nor is wearing it for 5 days. If you work, hide it as best you can or remove it and tape it together later.

They won't change the system for this week. But, if things need to be changed for the WV game. Send a kind email stating what you think should be done to athletics. Let them know your criticism so they can work towards fixing the problems.

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

. You are going to put 12k people, plus who knows how many companions through the gates. .

the 12K includes companions....

also,

I dont want to sound rude,  but if your girlfriend works full time past 5 or 6 every week day then she isnt a "typical" student.  most students have no problem getting tickets thru the proper channels.  so like Joe said, it sucks from students but atleast it works.  there will be some in

• Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

You can make a game out of it. Count how many people around campus have the green bracelets and will be joining you in the lower bowl.

• Content Count:  158

You know, I really wouldn't mind if they had announced this maybe a week in advance, and given us time to adjust to the new scenario. My friends and I are at every football game, and usually bring non-USF students with us on companion tickets to see how much fun it is.

I didn't really see the problem with picking up a ticket, and the entire section is first come first serve. Now without a wristband for my companion I'll probably end up in the nosebleeds.

• Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

When I was there, they were giving bracelets to people who bought companion tickets for their companion, but still having the student put theirs on.

• Content Count:  1,165

There has to be a system in place because this will be a first ever for USF.  It sucks for you, but the system isn't about one individual fan.  You happen to be going away the week that tickets can be picked up.  Its supposed to be good for the entire student body.  The diehards will still get their tickets early, so that won't change.  It really only affects people like you, which is the vast minority.  I think its a pretty good system, as it will help the vast majority of students.  It beats 10,000 in line at the North Gate of RayJay to try and get 8000 endzone seats.

I agree that there has to be a system put in place, but 2 days before a game and 8 days before maybe the largest crowd in school history?!?!?!?

It just seems like it was SUPER poor planning.

Also, I cant see how it is going to help much. You are going to put 12k people, plus who knows how many companions through the gates. Everyone still has to bring their ID, plus the new ticket, plus the wristband, just to get a ticket for the stadium. It just seems like they are putting up more barriers on how to effectively get into the stadium.

With a wristband, you can get in from ANY GATE, which in itself is a huuuuuge convenience and will save a lot of time

• Content Count:  1,260

There has to be a system in place because this will be a first ever for USF.  It sucks for you, but the system isn't about one individual fan.  You happen to be going away the week that tickets can be picked up.  Its supposed to be good for the entire student body.  The diehards will still get their tickets early, so that won't change.  It really only affects people like you, which is the vast minority.  I think its a pretty good system, as it will help the vast majority of students.  It beats 10,000 in line at the North Gate of RayJay to try and get 8000 endzone seats.

I agree that there has to be a system put in place, but 2 days before a game and 8 days before maybe the largest crowd in school history?!?!?!?

It just seems like it was SUPER poor planning.

Also, I cant see how it is going to help much. You are going to put 12k people, plus who knows how many companions through the gates. Everyone still has to bring their ID, plus the new ticket, plus the wristband, just to get a ticket for the stadium. It just seems like they are putting up more barriers on how to effectively get into the stadium.

I really sympathize with your anger on this one...but we have to keep it in perspective. These are FREE tickets.  The only thing you have to do is wait in line and wear a stupid bracelet. Alot of universities (like UF) have lotteries just to see who can BUY their tickets. The fact that there are empty seats is a dead issue because only a certain amount are subsidized by the university (aka FREE). Remember, everyone else in that stadium had to shell out cash to get in....

You're  probably right that it could have been handled a little better...but students need to realize that having a big-time football program will cause some growing pains. When we first started, I remember having to beg fellow students to go with me. That's no longer the case... it's a hot ticket.

Wow...Just imagine how much uproar there will be the first season students will have to PAY to get in?....*gasp*

• Content Count:  1,165

You know, I really wouldn't mind if they had announced this maybe a week in advance, and given us time to adjust to the new scenario. My friends and I are at every football game, and usually bring non-USF students with us on companion tickets to see how much fun it is.

I didn't really see the problem with picking up a ticket, and the entire section is first come first serve. Now without a wristband for my companion I'll probably end up in the nosebleeds.

I'll agree with this. two days before the game to chance everything is pretty bad. But at the same time, they wanted to get in a test run before the WVU game when the system will really matter, so I see both sides.

• Content Count:  827

Welcome to big time football! Most casual USF football fans have been spoiled for the last 11 yrs. I told everyone that wasn't a student to buy some season tickets before its too late. Some of them are now kicking themselves for not listening to me.

Oh well. This is still a great problem to have. There is not a bad seat in the house so just bring a towel to wipe down the nosebleed!  (Just messing with you!)

Archived