• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This student ticket thing is bull spit

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,165
  • Days Won:  0

. You are going to put 12k people, plus who knows how many companions through the gates. .

the 12K includes companions....

also,

I dont want to sound rude,  but if your girlfriend works full time past 5 or 6 every week day then she isnt a "typical" student.  most students have no problem getting tickets thru the proper channels.  so like Joe said, it sucks from students but atleast it works.  there will be some in

Are you sure the 12k includes companions? If that was the truth, then if only 6k students went to teh box, and each other them bought a companion ticket, then there would only be 6k students...

And you are right, she isnt a normal student, she is a masters student who is finishing up her degree with online classes.

I know for a fact companion tickets are included in the total 12k student tickets. It was clearly stated in one of the articles I read

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,633

I am just annoyed that they are limiting the student section to a certain number, and only those who either have a wristband or bought a $16 companion ticket can get into the game.

At Auburn, they have roughly 20k seat student section that was "fenced' off from the ganeral population and they could walk up to the gate, get their ID scanned and they were in the game.

This would ge a great solution if USF was selling out the entire stadium, every week. It just seemed like a rush to implement something two days beofre a game.

I know my situation is different from most people on campus, but that shouldnt mean I should suffer by having to buy a general admission ticket in the upper deck for a game.  That is just silly for a team and university who has yet to sell out the stadium for any game in the past 10 and a half years. Reguardless of how many peope(non-students) buy general admission tickes, there will be room for all of the students.

I waited in that hot ass line before the Elon game, and I understand the need for some sort of system to be put in place, but making a trial run of a brand new system two days before a game with an early kickoff is just stupid.

• Content Count:  1,165

I am just annoyed that they are limiting the student section to a certain number, and only those who either have a wristband or bought a $16 companion ticket can get into the game.

At Auburn, they have roughly 20k seat student section that was "fenced' off from the ganeral population and they could walk up to the gate, get their ID scanned and they were in the game.

This would ge a great solution if USF was selling out the entire stadium, every week. It just seemed like a rush to implement something two days beofre a game.

I know my situation is different from most people on campus, but that shouldnt mean I should suffer by having to buy a general admission ticket in the upper deck for a game.  That is just silly for a team and university who has yet to sell out the stadium for any game in the past 10 and a half years. Reguardless of how many peope(non-students) buy general admission tickes, there will be room for all of the students.

I waited in that hot ass line before the Elon game, and I understand the need for some sort of system to be put in place, but making a trial run of a brand new system two days before a game with an early kickoff is just stupid.

It's my opinion that they won't turn students away from the UNC game, as long as the stadium (or the lower bowl, if they decide not to open the top) isn't sold out.  Basically, as long as they have places to sit students, I'm pretty sure they won't turn someone away. Just look at Elon: they said they were capping students at 8k, but they didn't turn anyone away and let all 8600 in.

I think they just really wanted to get the system in place to they have a test run before WVU.

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

The student section has been limited since day one of USF football. It's just now that the demand has exceeded the supply. And you can still get in the game without a wristband. The wristband gives you the right to sit in the lower bowl. If they don't give out all 8000 wristbands, then you're in luck.

Still that way at USF, now you just have to it in the upper deck (or other overflow areas).

Considering the WVU game is almost a sellout, and likely a large crowd for UCF, they need to have this system in place. They've been working on it since right after the Elon game. Better test it this weekend, then have a million problems next Friday.

I know my situation is different from most people on campus, but that shouldnt mean I should suffer by having to buy a general admission ticket in the upper deck for a game.  That is just silly for a team and university who has yet to sell out the stadium for any game in the past 10 and a half years. Reguardless of how many peope(non-students) buy general admission tickes, there will be room for all of the students.

Again, you don't have to buy a ticket. You can still go to the game free, just not in the lower bowl (again, unless you're lucky with the attendance).

Again, better than next Friday night.

Welcome to the big times. Tickets, tailgating, parking, and seating is no longer a luxury item. We've taken them for granted for to long. Suck it up and stop complaining.

• Content Count:  159

actually, what makes me nervous is not the system so much as the fact that I don't have a day off until next Wed and with the tickets for WVU going out Mon morning at 6am (and I planning on getting 2 companion tickets) ... this seems to be problematic for me and makes me wonder if I can even GET tickets to the game. :(  I don't get to go to many home games because of my job and this is the first time I have ever had to worry about even being able to obtain a ticket.

On the bright side, it is a "good" problem to have because it means we are growing out of our "infancy" as a program and becoming a bigger player, but after being spoiled on tickets (i.e. ease of obtaining them) since I became a Bull in 2000 this is a change for us all ...

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I empathize with those who have to deal with a new "system" to get tickets for the home games.  However, it really is a great problem to have!

When my baby Bull was a student, football didn't exist!  I know for a fact that if he had the opportunity to have to deal with this new problem he would have relished it!

Growing pains hurt and USF football is growing, by leaps and bounds. 

I look forward to seeing the students, all decked out in Green, yelling their hearts out for the team!

GO BULLS!!!!!!!

FINISH STRONG!!!!!!!

Archived