• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This student ticket thing is bull spit

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  158
  • Days Won:  0

You know, I really wouldn't mind if they had announced this maybe a week in advance, and given us time to adjust to the new scenario. My friends and I are at every football game, and usually bring non-USF students with us on companion tickets to see how much fun it is.

I didn't really see the problem with picking up a ticket, and the entire section is first come first serve. Now without a wristband for my companion I'll probably end up in the nosebleeds.

Welcome to big time football! Most casual USF football fans have been spoiled for the last 11 yrs. I told everyone that wasn't a student to buy some season tickets before its too late. Some of them are now kicking themselves for not listening to me.

Oh well. This is still a great problem to have. There is not a bad seat in the house so just bring a towel to wipe down the nosebleed!  (Just messing with you!)

Haha, I sure hope it isn't that bad... plus, I think I can procure a wristband for the guest anyway. The guy didn't seem keen of giving me MINE, let alone one for a companion ticket I bought yesterday.

It definitely sucked to have went to the SunDome and got a ticket for the friend yesterday, and none of the ticket people knew/mentioned that I would need to come back today for a wristband .

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,890

Ok it comes down to this. Is this system perfect? No but it is in place for one reason and that reason is there are more students that want to go to the game than there are seats. SO IF YOU DON’T LIKE IT THEN DON’T GO I know there are plenty of other students that want to and will do it without ********. Also just because you are a student doesn’t mean you are guaranteed a seat to every game so your whole complaint I am a student so I deserve a free ticket doesn’t hold water.

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Are they plain lime green wristbands?  Can one go to say Party City and pick up a lime green wristband and still get in the student section?  Or do they say something on it that seperates it from other green wristbands?  C'mon students, sometimes you gotta think outside the box.........  

• Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

No, they are a bright, shiny green. I'm sure they special ordered them so nobody could find them somewhere.

Are they plain lime green wristbands?  Can one go to say Party City and pick up a lime green wristband and still get in the student section?  Or do they say something on it that seperates it from other green wristbands?  C'mon students, sometimes you gotta think outside the box......... 

Outside the box eh?

Like..  Galaxy-Green-Big.jpg

http://www.cheapwristbands.com/holo.htm

• Content Count:  743

The system would get griped about no matter how it was implemented. If all you needed was a student ID it would be the same complaining as what happened for the UCF game last year. One organization would gather all their ID's and get too many tickets. I like the system. I'm going to camp out Sunday and am looking forward to it. Hopefully it will be like Penn State had a few years ago when they camped out for weeks to get tickets. Promotes school spirit.

• Content Count:  1,165

Are they plain lime green wristbands?  Can one go to say Party City and pick up a lime green wristband and still get in the student section?  Or do they say something on it that seperates it from other green wristbands?  C'mon students, sometimes you gotta think outside the box......... 

Outside the box eh?

:o  That looks like THE wristband they are using

Outside the box eh?

:o  That looks like THE wristband they are using

The ONLY difference I can tell from looking at the one currently on my left wrist is the wavy part near the holes, everything else looks identical.

• Content Count:  3,403

You know, I really wouldn't mind if they had announced this maybe a week in advance, and given us time to adjust to the new scenario. My friends and I are at every football game, and usually bring non-USF students with us on companion tickets to see how much fun it is.

I didn't really see the problem with picking up a ticket, and the entire section is first come first serve. Now without a wristband for my companion I'll probably end up in the nosebleeds.

I'll agree with this. two days before the game to chance everything is pretty bad. But at the same time, they wanted to get in a test run before the WVU game when the system will really matter, so I see both sides.

I really doubt that they will sell out all of the 8,000 student tickets before Saturday.  Everyone needs to chill out.

A week and a half advance knowledge of the WVU situation is plenty.

• Content Count:  1,633

. You are going to put 12k people, plus who knows how many companions through the gates. .

the 12K includes companions....

also,

I dont want to sound rude,  but if your girlfriend works full time past 5 or 6 every week day then she isnt a "typical" student.  most students have no problem getting tickets thru the proper channels.  so like Joe said, it sucks from students but atleast it works.  there will be some in

Are you sure the 12k includes companions? If that was the truth, then if only 6k students went to teh box, and each other them bought a companion ticket, then there would only be 6k students...

And you are right, she isnt a normal student, she is a masters student who is finishing up her degree with online classes.

Archived