• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tar Heels in Da House......

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

Although they are chains... you may want to check out Outback, Hooters, and Beef O' Brady's. All of which were started here in Tampa.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  936
  • Days Won:  0

Ribs: Lee Roy Selmons

Steak: Depends on budget. Berns will put at $50 a plate+.. Try Charlies or Ruth's Chris for a tad cheaper.

Burgers: Green Iguana

Pizza: CDB's

Bar: No opinion.. not a big drinker.

Strip Joints: Anything on Dale Mabry.

We look forward to having you here in Tampa. Have a safe drive!

• Content Count:  2,567
  • Days Won:  1

Although they are chains... you may want to check out Outback, Hooters, and Beef O' Brady's. All of which were started here in Tampa.

Beef's does have some good b-b-burgers.

• Content Count:  1,212

If you like great handcrafted beer, Tampa Bay Brewing Company at Central Ybor has the best in Florida.  Great food too including burgers and real buffalo burgers.

• Content Count:  478

I think it also might be a good idea to let these nice people know the best times to visit these places. For example - Jackson's is DEAD on Saturdays now (or at least it was a month a go when my friend and I were the ONLY people on the patio besides the wannabe DJ).

So If I were a tourista - here is what I would do:

Friday Afternoon: If you like shopping - go to International Mall or Westshore Mall. There are also boutique stores like Joile or Suitcase that are fun too. You can also go to Channelside and browse.

Lunch:  Pizza: Sally O Neals (Howard Ave) or Cappys (MacDill)

Itallian Food: Bellas (Howard Ave)

Cuban: GOLDEN RING (Ybor) but Ybor is kind of sketch during the day so you might want to go another time. Or visit la terrisita on                           

Columbus Drive

Dinner: Sangrias - get there around 5 pm so that you can make:

Happy Hour at MacDintons - All you can drink 20 bucks from 6-8pm.  Then most people either go to Sangrias, Whiskey Park (yuck) Hyde Park Cafe 

(double yuck but fun if you are young - or like em young), Dubliner (I LOVE THAT PLACE) or do drinks at Mangroves (they HAD a martini named               

after me at one point)

3AM: bars Close. Don't drink and drive. Call a Cab. Or have the hostess call one for you.

Saturday

Breakfast: Good Eats (howard ave), First Watch (Downtown) or if coffee is your thing - La Casa Dolce (Howard Ave)

Saturday after the game/Dinner: Columbia (make sure you call and request the room where you can see the show and ask to go upstairs     

and see the Kings room)  OR Berns OR Capital Grille.

Dessert: La Casa Dolce has really good gelatto and Bellas has a kickin tiramisu

Saturday Evening: I always go to Splitsville in Channelside or Macdintons, Dubliner, etc...as stated above

SUNDAY

Morning - West Tampa Sandwich Shop. You can watch old school guys hold court, smoke cigars and play cards. Have eggs and cafe con       

leche. trust me on this one. OR got to Jackson's for sunday brunch and make sure you make reservations to sit outside by the water.

Afternoon: Channelside - Margarita Mammas has a band outside and you can have drinks on the terrace.

I hope this helps! Do what you want with your time - but it might be nice to make a schedule. There is a lot to do and a lot to eat!  ;D

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

If you go to Bern's for dinner then you have to stay for desert.  It's a seperate reservation, however.  You go upstairs and sit in booths that are inside old wine casks.

If you go to Bern's for dinner then you have to stay for desert.  It's a seperate reservation, however.  You go upstairs and sit in booths that are inside old wine casks.

OH YEAAAHHH!!! I forgot! YES!!! Its amazing!!!!

and if you want good ice cream - good eats on howard has Old Meeting House Ice Cream - thats been on the food network!

and Mise en Place downtown is FABULOUS for lunch on Friday or Saturday Dinner. Marty - the head chef has been on the Today show AND he food network. Every presidential candidate has had at least one event there and they just redecorated the place. From there you can tour the HB Plant Museum across the street if you want. Welcome to FL and we hope you have a wonderful time!

• Content Count:  1,066

OH YEAAAHHH!!! I forgot! YES!!! Its amazing!!!!

I concur.

• Content Count:  4,501

Don't know if they still have it but Berns famous for their steaks also has great grouper.  They used to have a tank in the kitchen that had Live grouper in it.  Can't get any fresher then that.

Archived