• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Tar Heels in Da House......

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  143
  • Days Won:  0

For what it's worth, the Best of the Bay edition of Creative Loafing comes out on Wednesday the 19th... pick one up when you arrive... or check here sometime Wednesday.

[table]

[tr][td]Ribs:[/td][td]Kojak's House of Ribs, Big John's Alabama BBQ, Lee Roy Selmon's[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Steaks:[/td][td]Bern's Steakhouse, Charley's, Ruth's Chris, Fleming's [/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Burgers:[/td][td]Five Guys, Fresh Mouth[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Pizza:[/td][td]CDB's on S Westshore or Fowler Ave, Cappy's Pizza in Seminole Heights, Sally O'Neals in SoHo[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Bars:[/td][td]MacDinton's, The Dubliner, Whiskey Park in SoHo, Hyde Park Cafe, Four Green Fields, The Hub[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Nightclubs:[/td][td]Ybor City and Channelside have quite a few[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Strip Joints:[/td][td]Mons Venus, Thee Dollhouse  >:D [/td][/tr]

[/table]

Other notes:

The Loop in Carrollwood is closed.

If you want a real Tampa restaurant experience the Columbia is a good suggestion - great sangria and catch the Flamenco dancers. La Teresita on Columbus or La Tropicana in Ybor City are great for lunch.  Jackson's Bistro on Harbor Island has an older crowd, especially at happy hour.  For great breakfast, try Nikki's on Hillsborough or Dale Mabry.  Fuddrucker's used to have the best burgers around, but they closed in the 1990s. >:(

FYI: There aren't many "Carolina" BBQ places in town.  So if you have good BBQ places up there, ours might not be "better".

The 6 foot rule isn't really enforced any more since Bob Buckhorn is no longer on the city council.  It only applied in totally nude clubs.  Hillsborough County law prohibits alcohol sales in totally nude clubs.

Concur the Columbia has been in Ybor since 1905 a good Tampa spot to check out.

Coming down from the Carolina's my first suggestion is to never get Q in the state of Florida.  Save that for a road trip to Memphis or Texas.    If you are craving some good pork get yourself a nice Tampa original a Cuban Sandwich.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuban_sandwich

Bern's has good steak and 100,000 botttles of wine in their wine cellar.  If you like a fine wine with your steak it is worth the

trip.  Its been there since 56'

http://www.bernssteakhouse.com/bs_frame.htm

Another Tampa old time classic is Allessi's Bakery not far from the stadium if you are craving something sweet. They also have Cuban sandwiches to go.  They have been in Tampa since 1912.

http://www.alessibakeries.com/about.asp 

If you are a cigar guy you can get a hand rolled down in Ybor and the local micro brew I would suggest is Ybor Gold.  For your beverage needs for tailgating there is a huge liquor store on your right on Dale Mabry before the interstate heading away from the stadium. 

I haven't been in it but the coolest looking strip club in Tampa is 2001 Space Odyssey on Dale Mabry it has the space ship on top. 

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I agree with the cuban sandwich.  Go to Silver Ring Cafe they make the best cuban sandwich.  I think they're located in Ybor now.

• Content Count:  143

I agree with the cuban sandwich.  Go to Silver Ring Cafe they make the best cuban sandwich.  I think they're located in Ybor now.

Apis Bull,

Good Call the Silver Ring Cafe is the original Cuban Sandwich shop in Tampa.  They moved away from Ybor and they recently came back. 

• Content Count:  1,066

looking forward to coming to tampa and meeting some great bull fans. i think we will give the bulls a decent game, maybe catch ya'll looking ahead to wvu. ;D

any suggestions where to find:

best ribs

best steak

best burgers

best pizza

best bars

best strip joints >:D

fwiw.....we have a rental car so distance is not much of a factor.

Ribs:  Smokey Bones in Brandon

Steak:  Charleys in Westshore district of Tampa

Burgers:  Any Beef'O'Brady's

Pizza:  East Coast Pizza in Riverview (Big Bend Rd / Lincoln Rd)

Strip Joints:  Anywhere on North Dale Mabry near the stadium OR SR-60 west of US-301 (So I'm told.... ;) )

• Content Count:  1,066

I thought the name was "The Gold Ring Sandwich Shop", 2510 N Tampa St, Tampa, FL 33602  (813) 224-0986

I thought the name was "The Gold Ring Sandwich Shop", 2510 N Tampa St, Tampa, FL 33602  (813) 224-0986

1947 - The oldest Cuban sandwich shop in Tampa, Florida, that is still in business today, is The Silver Ring Cafe. This cafe started as an Ybor City longshoremen's bar in 1929. According to the story or legend of the cafe, in 1947, the owner smelled his staff's preparation of Cuban sandwiches for their lunch. They smelled and tasted so good that they were put on the menu as a featured item. In 1997, the cafe moved to downtown Tampa and continues to served their award-winning Cuban sandwiches.

http://whatscookingamerica.net/History/Sandwiches/CubanSandwich.htm

• Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

You don't come to Florida for ribs...   You get seafood.  

You have to get a devil crab roll also, and a stuffed potato, yum!  Man, I'm getting hungry.

silverringcafe.jpg

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,205
  • Days Won:  422

You have to get a devil crab roll also, and a stuffed potato, yum!  Man, I'm getting hungry.

silverringcafe.jpg

Just to clarify, that phone number is from the Lakeland Silver Ring....

• Content Count:  119

Nobody mentioned Sonny's for BBQ? lol jk There's not much choices than what already has been said.

As for the strip club, be sure to pay our girls' tuition at Deja Vu. There you will find room to sit and not feel that the person next to you is getting a free lap dance. However, I haven't been to a club since my buddy's bachelor party a ways back. However, more buddies are soon/currently engaged, so that might change soon. lol  :)

Welcome to Tampa! Have fun Katt and other Carolina fans.

Archived