• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF story/question

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

That is a classic example of why I loathe UCF! They have no clue about their team. They think LOSING to UF is BETTER than playing a 6 game series with UM with each team rotating home field. I guess the Math program at UCiF needs to improve.

It irks me that USF doesn't receive any credit from any other state school's fans. My biggest argument is "what did your school do in its first 10 years of existence"? I would love to challenge any UCiF grad on their program compared to ours.

As for continuing to play UCiF, it is a waste of our time. They need to learn to be a "rival", the games need to be close (last year was a good example) and you have to BEAT the opponent...just ask UL, and bring something to the table in addition to bragging rights.

Actually, most of the hurricane fans on the thier board have had good things to say about USF, outside of a couple idiots.  Most realize we are on our way up...except for an occasional idiot who tries to compare us to ucf, fi/au.  Most realize we are bcs and will be a tough opponent.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Glad to see them go...bring on UM!

• Content Count:  385
  • Days Won:  0

That is a classic example of why I loathe UCF! They have no clue about their team. They think LOSING to UF is BETTER than playing a 6 game series with UM with each team rotating home field. I guess the Math program at UCiF needs to improve.

It irks me that USF doesn't receive any credit from any other state school's fans. My biggest argument is "what did your school do in its first 10 years of existence"? I would love to challenge any UCiF grad on their program compared to ours.

As for continuing to play UCiF, it is a waste of our time. They need to learn to be a "rival", the games need to be close (last year was a good example) and you have to BEAT the opponent...just ask UL, and bring something to the table in addition to bragging rights.

Not to start another rivals thread, but....  UCif will be our rival like it or not.  Once(if) they ever get into a BCS league it will be a different story, until then it's plain not fun to play them.  If we win..big whoop we beat a non-BCS team that we should of beaten anyway and if we lose, we lose to a non-BCS team and that will kill us on the national scene.  For them it is no big deal, just the other way around..if they win they beat a BCS and look good and if they lose, then that was supposed to happen.  I have always like the little rivalry going between UL and us. We really like to clobber each other and they lead the series 3-2(I think).  So why not UL?

I have been reading our site and UCF's and I have to say this.  Get over the smack talk!!!!!  It doesn't matter that there is a new OCS, or what teir your school is in, or whose GPA's are better.  None I repeat NONE of that matters on the field and to be quite blunt both of our schools have a lot of work to do to catch up the UF, UM or FSU in the athletics department and in academics.  USF has some amazing programs that are just plain better than UCF's and the same goes for UCF.  As for football, we have only beaten them twice and only once convincingly, so all those who say we are so far above them continue to forget the 2004 season.  Yes we are growing and yes I do believe that we have a much better team this year, but look at the UCONN and Cincy losses, we had a much better team then too.  I don;t care how many stars a recruit is, look how long CJL has been recruiting in our backyard with and without(mostly without) stars and has made amazing teams.  So please for the love of all that you see as holy stop all of it until the week before the game.  It is too long before the season starts to start smack talk and smack talk that has little to do with football at that.  

Sorry, been spending too much reading all this stuff ;D

• Content Count:  10,219

boo! hoo!

UCiF is bordering on irrelevent when discussing football.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,609
  • Days Won:  424

Not to start another rivals thread, but....  [highlight]UCif will be our rival like it or not[/highlight].  Once(if) they ever get into a BCS league it will be a different story, until then it's plain not fun to play them.  If we win..big whoop we beat a non-BCS team that we should of beaten anyway and if we lose, we lose to a non-BCS team and that will kill us on the national scene.  For them it is no big deal, just the other way around..if they win they beat a BCS and look good and if they lose, then that was supposed to happen.  I have always like the little rivalry going between UL and us. We really like to clobber each other and they lead the series 3-2(I think).  So why not UL?

I'm assuming you mistyped the highlighted portion . You supposedly say they will be our rival and then spend the rest of the paragraph explaining why they're NOT a rival.

• Content Count:  4,016

So a friends brother goes to UCF and last night we all went bowling.  

I asked if he saw the Miami deal and his response to me was..."Who cares, until you play Florida you are nobdy.  We already played Florida so we are better than you. Boo Tampa." (trust me I get were better than you every time I see him)

To which I told him we are playing Florida just more when we are more prepared...cause what they did at Florida was not a game.  Standing on the same field doesn't count as playing.  42-0 is not how we want to go out playing them.

There is a question here.  Have we signed to play UCF more after this year?  I'm sure this has been asked somewhere, but I can't remember.

Thanks!  :)

My God, if I am a UCF fan I go to this guy's house and beat the crap out of him and hopefully knocking some sense in him.

It's like I said on another board these knuckleheads have such an awful inferiority complex that they've wooven theories why they think they're better then us which are completely semantical, and personal opinions...nothing that is accepted as national perception, or anything real concrete.  SO WHY DO THESE IDIOTS TRY TO PERSONIFY IT?

Yeah, a one and done at UF proves supremacy.  I would try to get someone's season tickets revoked if they tried to tell me the same thing from a USF perspective.  

• Content Count:  385

Not to start another rivals thread, but....  [highlight]UCif will be our rival like it or not[/highlight].  Once(if) they ever get into a BCS league it will be a different story, until then it's plain not fun to play them.  If we win..big whoop we beat a non-BCS team that we should of beaten anyway and if we lose, we lose to a non-BCS team and that will kill us on the national scene.  For them it is no big deal, just the other way around..if they win they beat a BCS and look good and if they lose, then that was supposed to happen.  I have always like the little rivalry going between UL and us. We really like to clobber each other and they lead the series 3-2(I think).  So why not UL?

I'm assuming you mistyped the highlighted portion . You supposedly say they will be our rival and then spend the rest of the paragraph explaining why they're NOT a rival.

I was just getting my frustrations out, I'm allowed to not make sense ;D

• Content Count:  195

Fact is ... we have lots of fans interested in this game. Wish these numbers would come out for ALL the games, like the opener with Elon. Fans need to come to see the BULLS, not who we're playing.

Can't understand that with waiting 8 months without FootBULL, more fans don't come out - guess we just have that many - YET !

Go BULLS !!!

Go BULLS !!!

I have been season ticket holder since day 1 and have gone to many away games, and I find it real difficult to get excited about Elon. Last years first game was the worst I have suffered through so far. If USF wants fans in the seats then schedule quality 1A opponents or move crap games to homecoming. UF and others can schedule powder puffs because they do not have to worry about attendance.

Most people go to football games to be entertained, not watch the Bulls play teams way below their talent level. Unless the 1AA team has a great band (FAMU) we should not open with them IMO.

I agree.  I'd much rather warm up against  UCF every year  than a low level 1AA team (yawn!)  1  for 1 with UCF would give us an away game will put large numbers in the seats at both the RJ and  Orlando.  If the 1AA games at the RJ weren't part of the ticket package I wouldn't pay for them and I doubt very many others would.

• Content Count:  1,297

How can that guy think UCF is better than USF......??

We've beat them everytime.....and will continue beating them until 2008.

Just tell that idiot - SCOREBOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :)

UCF is cranky becuase they have USF dust in their eyes.

Archived