• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF story/question

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,574
  • Days Won:  0

Is it just me or do I feel like there are some IFers hiding behind new handles?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  928

Is it just me or do I feel like there are some IFers hiding behind new handles?

There you go! I knew some were "off to see the wizard" way towards the top of this thread.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,073
  • Days Won:  469

What is it that you do not understand about the meaning of the word "IF"?

:o

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,073
  • Days Won:  469

Okay this thread seems to have run its course and is becoming another UCF apologist thread.  Let it die naturally, or I'll have to move it to the State of Florida board, where I encourage not only IFs, but also ANDs or BUTs about the UCiF program.

Let's keep the UCF off the main board, it's not necessary when there are two other boards perfectly suited to discuss UCiF.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

... and really I doubt you can speak for them, but I  do know that many season ticket holders of those schools who give away or sell their tickets to weak opponents on the internet rather than go themselves.

;D

But you "can" speak for them ?  ;)

That last part of the statement "may" be true to a small minority, but the point YOU actually made is that there are people willing to buy the tix.

People that do not enjoy watching the BULLS play ... simply are not "Die-Hard" fans ... you can obviously be a great fan, just not the junkie Die-Hard many are.

[highlight]Just having some fun here . . .[/highlight]

... Well, I have waiting since the end of December to see my Beloved BULLS play ... it's been 8 months and I finally get to see them play.

Ah, it sucks having to watch Elon play my BULLS ... "I have have little interest in watching ... and not worth the price of admission.

Why not bring in ... a ... High School? USF should win, and ... would bring more fans (better atmosphere) than Elon and USF ...

Now you've crossed the silly line  ::)

Upset about the level of competition, then would rather see a HS team ? :-/ And then have the gaul to question if we would even win ?

Not worth the price ?!?  :o

Well, I guess as ticket prices go up, we may lose you as a season ticket holder and we'll see you when the "good" conference teams visit ... guess you'll have to wait for the season to see how good the competition is . . .

Well, I'm taking it too far. And having fun  8-) You are obviously a good supporter of USF - just not a Die-Hard BULLS Fan as I am - and many on here.

:GoBulls

• Content Count:  1,812

I always love it when some fans decide who is and is not a die hard fan. I can guarantee I have attended more football games than most (all home games and 20 away games) and donated way more than my fair share of money. The University considers me to be die hard when they cash the checks. One day I hope to achieve die hard status in the eyes of the University spokespeople on this board ;)

Please remember there is a fine line between eternal optimism and a cult like brainwashing: and being negative or posting ones opinion to try and effect change. It is difficult for some to tell the difference.

• Content Count:  1,457

Yes, we play UCF through the 2008 season and then, thank goodness, the domination will end and we can cut loose the mid-major that replaces us in Conference USA

• Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

That is a classic example of why I loathe UCF! They have no clue about their team. They think LOSING to UF is BETTER than playing a 6 game series with UM with each team rotating home field. I guess the Math program at UCiF needs to improve.

It irks me that USF doesn't receive any credit from any other state school's fans. My biggest argument is "what did your school do in its first 10 years of existence"? I would love to challenge any UCiF grad on their program compared to ours.

As for continuing to play UCiF, it is a waste of our time. They need to learn to be a "rival", the games need to be close (last year was a good example) and you have to BEAT the opponent...just ask UL, and bring something to the table in addition to bragging rights.

Not to start another rivals thread, but....  UCif will be our rival like it or not.  Once(if) they ever get into a BCS league it will be a different story, until then it's plain not fun to play them.  If we win..big whoop we beat a non-BCS team that we should of beaten anyway and if we lose, we lose to a non-BCS team and that will kill us on the national scene.  For them it is no big deal, just the other way around..if they win they beat a BCS and look good and if they lose, then that was supposed to happen.  I have always like the little rivalry going between UL and us. We really like to clobber each other and they lead the series 3-2(I think).  So why not UL?

I have been reading our site and UCF's and I have to say this.  Get over the smack talk!!!!!  It doesn't matter that there is a new OCS, or what teir your school is in, or whose GPA's are better.  None I repeat NONE of that matters on the field and to be quite blunt both of our schools have a lot of work to do to catch up the UF, UM or FSU in the athletics department and in academics.  USF has some amazing programs that are just plain better than UCF's and the same goes for UCF.  As for football, we have only beaten them twice and only once convincingly, so all those who say we are so far above them continue to forget the 2004 season.  Yes we are growing and yes I do believe that we have a much better team this year, but look at the UCONN and Cincy losses, we had a much better team then too.  I don;t care how many stars a recruit is, look how long CJL has been recruiting in our backyard with and without(mostly without) stars and has made amazing teams.  So please for the love of all that you see as holy stop all of it until the week before the game.  It is too long before the season starts to start smack talk and smack talk that has little to do with football at that.  

Sorry, been spending too much reading all this stuff ;D

I think that USF would have had a fighting chance against UCF in 2004. :D

• Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

Who did UCF beat in 2004, anyway?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

Many of us are Die-Hards in different ways, I was simply stating some are not as I am . . . and obviously I am not as they are in certain aspects.

AND . . . as mentioned, I was having fun  ;D

Go BULLS !!!

Archived