• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF story/question

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  37,638
  • Days Won:  29

If the 1AA games at the RJ weren't part of the ticket package I wouldn't pay for them and I doubt very many others would.

I think most would . . . it's a small minority that think it's a waste to play 1AA teams. We get about most of our season ticket holders(not tickets, but actual buyers) to the Spring Game. And for most, waiting 8 months for USF Football is tough and there is nothing more important than Game Day, especially waiting this long.

Some people need to get over the 1AA thing. Look at our first 2 games - similar results. And I think Elon & UCF will have similar results also.

I attend HOME games to support the BULLS ... and this is support in many ways.

We'll have more Die-Hard BULLS each season.

Go BULLS !!!  :GoBulls

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  274
  • Days Won:  0

If the 1AA games at the RJ weren't part of the ticket package I wouldn't pay for them and I doubt very many others would.

I think most would . . . it's a small minority that think it's a waste to play 1AA teams. We get about most of our season ticket holders(not tickets, but actual buyers) to the Spring Game. And for most, waiting 8 months for USF Football is tough and there is nothing more important than Game Day, especially waiting this long.

Some people need to get over the 1AA thing. Look at our first 2 games - similar results. And I think Elon & UCF will have similar results also.

I attend HOME games to support the BULLS ... and this is support in many ways.

We'll have more Die-Hard BULLS each season.

Go BULLS !!!  :GoBulls

Oh my gosh we would buy the tickets...those are the fun games where you pretty much know that were going to win...so the game and tailgating are that much more fun! I love home games for the same reason, getting to see the boys play.  

• Content Count:  869

http://ucfathletics.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/041407aag.html

April 14, 2007

Orlando, Fla. (www.ucfathletics.com) - The defense controlled the final scrimmage of the spring for the UCF football team as more than 600 Golden Knights fans were in attendance at the practice fields next to the Wayne Densch Sports Center.

DOES MORE REALLY NEED TO BE SAID ABOUT THIS ISSUE?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,638
  • Days Won:  29

... I love home games for the same reason, getting to see the boys play.  

AGREE ! That is the main reason.

:GoBulls

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

lol 600 fans...lol

Guest 1Bullsfan

Cram, don't laugh. USF's first ever spring game on campus didn't really bring that much more people, if memory serves correctly. I will never forget the first play...a bomb to Charlie Jackson, sadly, that's all I remember right now.

• Content Count:  195

lol 600 fans...lol

Before you laugh too loud.....compare our Spring Game attendance at the RJ with those of some other  BCS teams.   BTW, if I'm not mistaken UCF's  was a scrimmage played on a practice field,  not a  "Spring Game" played in a stadium.

2007springgameattendance.png

Guest r_to_the_izzo

Cram, don't laugh. USF's first ever spring game on campus didn't really bring that much more people, if memory serves correctly. I will never forget the first play...a bomb to Charlie Jackson, sadly, that's all I remember right now.

If it was their first spring game, your point would be valid. However when you are approaching 30, usually you expect more people to check out your team.

• Content Count:  3,574

lol 600 fans...lol

Before you laugh too loud.....compare our Spring Game attendance at the RJ with those of some other  BCS teams.   BTW, if I'm not mistaken UCF's  was a scrimmage played on a practice field,  not a  "Spring Game" played in a stadium.

2007springgameattendance.png

Those schools have a long history of tradition... not even a close comparison

We had more people at our spring game than Pitt!

BTW, the game was mentioned in the papers.  Basically everyone besides their fans considered it a spring game.  I mean c'mon, they were wearing game day jerseys!

• Content Count:  195

Oh my gosh we would buy the tickets...those are the fun games where you pretty much know that were going to win...so the game and tailgating are that much more fun! I love home games for the same reason, getting to see the boys play.  

You seem to enjoy winning and tailgating more than the quality (competition) of the game.  I (and other people) have have little interest in watching a team from a school with student body of 4849 and minescule football budget play against a nationally ranked BCS team.   Elon vs USF is a total mismatch, and not worth the price of admission.    

Why not bring in Plant High School?  USF should win, and Plant would bring more fans (better atmosphere) than Elon and USF could put more money in the coffer.

Archived