• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF in the Big East?  Yeah, right!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Days Won:  0

I wouldn't mind telling ND to f* off! The rest of the conferences seem to be doing just fine without them, I think we could survive too. I'm tire of this special treatment they get in football.

They have one of the biggest fanbases in the country for all sports as well as great ratings for podunk sports...lets get rid of that name...

At the end of the day, does it really matter that much? Do I walk around saying to myself "Geez, I am so lucky to have Notre Dame in the Big East!" The other conferences do not have Notre Dame and I don't think they are falling apart.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  274

No, I don't think our entrance into the BE was soley dependent on BC leaving. I think Tranghese saw that usf would be added because of our all around stat lines from athletics, academics, and the tv market.

Cincy and louisville were invited to replace UM and VT. We were not invited until BC decided to leave for the ACC.

Not quite how I remember that. It was going to be  UM, BC, and Syracuse, but Vt with the help of U of Virginia lobbied and had Syracuse replaced by VT. It was always three schools and USF was one of them.

;)

• Content Count:  7,890

No, I don't think our entrance into the BE was soley dependent on BC leaving. I think Tranghese saw that usf would be added because of our all around stat lines from athletics, academics, and the tv market.

you are corect it what got us in was UM leaving the Big East stated a number of times they wanted a Florida School, and when Miami went to the ACC that opened the dorr for USF not BC leaving.

• Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

The facilities could help them IF/when there's expansion, but the double edge of this sword is that the cost of buildings/stadiums, maintenance, high coaches salaries will be crippling if donations/attendance revenue isn't maintained.  Losing seasons and unattractive opponents will erode that, leaving huge deficits.

Big gamble

• Content Count:  7,890

Its not what people want to hear, but IF the BE ever expands it will be because the basketball conference separated. I don't think is a solid in the forseeable future.

Based on facilities and commitment to athletics UCF will be at the top of the list. If Memphis gets the new football stadium they will be up there too. MArshall will get a strong look, but many times they are known to bring recruits to their outdoor facilities at night, because they are so bad.

Anyway, don't get your hopes up with will be a long time UCFers before the BE basketball contract runs out...

The Big East IMO would look more to Memphis for these reasons Better Football program and basketball program and a different State to have a present in

• Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

I wouldn't mind telling ND to f* off! The rest of the conferences seem to be doing just fine without them, I think we could survive too. I'm tire of this special treatment they get in football.

They have one of the biggest fanbases in the country for all sports as well as great ratings for podunk sports...lets get rid of that name...

At the end of the day, does it really matter that much? Do I walk around saying to myself "Geez, I am so lucky to have Notre Dame in the Big East!" The other conferences do not have Notre Dame and I don't think they are falling apart.

It's just like anything else...  we need to beat teams with name recognition. I don't care to beat all of the elons of the world, cause it don't mean poop when it comes to boosting our ranking and name on a national level.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Its not what people want to hear, but IF the BE ever expands it will be because the basketball conference separated. I don't think is a solid in the forseeable future.

Based on facilities and commitment to athletics UCF will be at the top of the list. If Memphis gets the new football stadium they will be up there too. MArshall will get a strong look, but many times they are known to bring recruits to their outdoor facilities at night, because they are so bad.

Anyway, don't get your hopes up with will be a long time UCFers before the BE basketball contract runs out...

The Big East IMO would look more to Memphis for these reasons Better Football program and basketball program and a different State to have a present in

Agreed. Memphis would be at the top of the list ahead of UCF but if the split does occur UCF would probably get in because of lack of other viable candidates.

• Content Count:  473
  • Days Won:  2

Memphis, without a doubt!

• Content Count:  6,928

Just say no to Mickey's tinmen......

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER...........

• Content Count:  12,293

memphis would probably get the nod just for having atleast 1 nationally recognized program.

Archived