• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF in the Big East?  Yeah, right!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

From http://cfn.scout.com/2/633167.html

If each of the BCS conferences were going to add 1 mid major team, either by expanding or replacing a current team, who would go where?

Big East – UCF & Marshall. UCF’s a big school with a great Orlando location and a natural rivalry with South Florida. Marshall isn’t the biggest draw around, but the geography and battles with West Virginia would be a plus.

Can you say "hah!", boys and girls?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8
  • Days Won:  0

talk about being the Big Least...the presence of UCF and Marshall would definitely dilute the BE current image. I would rather see Army and have Villanova move up to D-1 than have UCF and Marhsall in our conference. At any rate, Boston College should of never left. It'll never happen, but it would be great have Notre Dame in the conference, but Im sure they would lose millions of dollars.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

Thank God Boston College left, otherwise we would still be in CUSA with UCF.

• Content Count:  8

No, I don't think our entrance into the BE was soley dependent on BC leaving. I think Tranghese saw that usf would be added because of our all around stat lines from athletics, academics, and the tv market.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

No, I don't think our entrance into the BE was soley dependent on BC leaving. I think Tranghese saw that usf would be added because of our all around stat lines from athletics, academics, and the tv market.

Cincy and louisville were invited to replace UM and VT. We were not invited until BC decided to leave for the ACC.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Its not what people want to hear, but IF the BE ever expands it will be because the basketball conference separated. I don't think is a solid in the forseeable future.

Based on facilities and commitment to athletics UCF will be at the top of the list. If Memphis gets the new football stadium they will be up there too. MArshall will get a strong look, but many times they are known to bring recruits to their outdoor facilities at night, because they are so bad.

Anyway, don't get your hopes up with will be a long time UCFers before the BE basketball contract runs out...

• Content Count:  3,097
  • Days Won:  1

Now in no way am I for or against losing Notre Dame in the Big East, but you have to admit...they have bigger rivalries, and are better suited geographically for the Big Ten (as the write signifies)

Big Ten – Notre Dame. I’m not trying to make a joke about the Irish being a mid-major; I can’t decide on the right MAC team to be added to the mix. Notre Dame simply belongs in the Big Ten.

• Content Count:  1,981

Now in no way am I for or against losing Notre Dame in the Big East, but you have to admit...they have bigger rivalries, and are better suited geographically for the Big Ten (as the write signifies)

I wouldn't mind telling ND to f* off! The rest of the conferences seem to be doing just fine without them, I think we could survive too. I'm tire of this special treatment they get in football.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I wouldn't mind telling ND to f* off! The rest of the conferences seem to be doing just fine without them, I think we could survive too. I'm tire of this special treatment they get in football.

They have one of the biggest fanbases in the country for all sports as well as great ratings for podunk sports...lets get rid of that name...

• Content Count:  6,851
  • Days Won:  22

Even if there is a split I doubt the Big East would tell ND to go away. I see ND tied in to the football schools for all sports and then get them to play 3-4 games yearly in football.

As for UCF being added, it all depends on how they progress cmpared to Memphis and ECU. Memphis could bring the Liberty Bowl and add another strong basketball program. The next couple of years youll see those thre schools jockey themselves to get in best position IF a move does happen.

Archived