• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Friday Night Lights-WVU Game Moved

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991
  • Days Won:  0

Brett's Blog; http://sports.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/related/C127/

USF-WVU game moved for ESPN2

Posted February 15, 2007 by Brett McMurphy

Updated Feb 15, 2007 at 12:18 PM

The University of South Florida’s 2007 Big East football opener against West Virginia has been moved to Friday, Sept. 28, and will be televised by ESPN2. Kickoff will be 8 p.m. from Raymond James Stadium. The game originally was scheduled for Saturday, Sept. 29.

Both teams play the preceding Saturday, Sept. 22: USF hosts North Carolina and West Virginia hosts East Carolina.

USF also will play nationally televised contests at Auburn (Sept. 8, ESPN or ESPN2) and at Rutgers (Thursday, Oct. 18, ESPN).

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,498
  • Days Won:  13

nice, better than a thursday

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,672
  • Days Won:  424

or noon Saturday.

• Topic Count:  339
  • Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

No offense 83, but first choice is Sat, 2nd choice would be Thurs.  Friday night is for HS.  I understand the money involved, I love the national attention, and I will be there no matter what day or night they play, but it means no HS players can watch the game or attend.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  622

and the country will see us beat wvu twice in a row

• Topic Count:  68
  • Content Count:  651

That sucks as a high school coach! That is a game that I would love to be at, but can't! I would rather see Thursday or Saturday!

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,528

I think it sucks anytime they move it from a Saturday game. I don't care if it's a noon kickoff on Saturday, at least you can get out there to tailgate. Nothing like trying to rush to the stadium from work in Tampa Friday evening traffic. Hope we're not sacrificing the home crowd for some TV facetime.

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511

No offense 83, but first choice is Sat, 2nd choice would be Thurs.  Friday night is for HS.  I understand the money involved, I love the national attention, and I will be there no matter what day or night they play, but it means no HS players can watch the game or attend.

Who cares?  I never attended on HS game back in HS, and my senior year we had the #1 running back in the state.  I had to work every Friday like many teenagers.  Are you talking about HS football players?  Do you not think that most local HS players have heard of USF?  Is some HS player from Miami going to drive to Tampa to watch the game?  Ever hear of a VCR?  I heard that now there is this new fangled thing called DVR that does not use tapes.  Heck, even ESPN will have highlights.  May a national game will expose us to those lazy college coaches who vote in the polls, and they might actually throw us a bone or two for a change.

The money from ESPN does not hurt either, since we can barely pay any of the assistant coaches or the coaches in our other sports.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,778
  • Days Won:  3

I'm on the same side as HTB. The sport of football has evolved from the time of Friday night being the domain of high school football only. With the advent of ESPN - and the money thrown around for college football - there will be games played whenever ESPN says so (e.g. December 23rd at noon).  More people outside WV and Tampa will see the Bulls play, which works out well for us. And the money aint bad either. 8-)

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  136

I doubt we would tell ESPN no, we don't want to play on a Friday.  We didn't have much of a choice.  Sometimes you have to take the good with the bad.