• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How many USF football players will be kicked off?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

I am going to say 1 that will make news (Josh).  I am sure a few others will not make grades but on one who has a real chance of making a difference in 07, but kids not making grades happens at many schools not just USF.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

Windbane, I don't understand why you think this is a meaningless thread? This is not a condescending question, but how long have you been following USF football?

Every year we have guys kicked off for various issues, I've been watching it happen since '99. The thing that is interesting to me is that they are more often than not "quality" players. Jon Chivas being the earliest I can recall and the list goes on.

The reason it is worth talking about is because it says something about the integrity of our PROGRAM. CJL does not care WHO you are, you cross the line you are out. When I was younger I hated this but now I understand why it HAS to be done.

Please let us never minimalize this issue.

because I find it useless to predict how many players will be kicked off based on just 1 guy.  We lost 2 last year?  How many each year before?  I see people predicting some mighty high numbers so I'm curious why having to kick players off the team is a good thing.  I think it insults the players left on the team to have a poll about how many won't be on the team.  

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

I think it's worthy to have a discussion on Julmiste being kicked off, but LOB99's tactics on this thread are unnecessary.

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

Nearly if not all teams have this issue of grades and drug attrition(sp?).  USF is not unique so don't think our Bulls are the moral dregs of NCAA FB.  Josh should be ashamed and I will bet the 'Rentz are.  It baffles me how one brother can be so quality and another a POC.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  642

I think it's worthy to have a discussion on Julmiste being kicked off, but LOB99's tactics on this thread are unnecessary.

It was obviously worthy, people voted. Be careful with censorship.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,641
  • Days Won:  424

I believe we lose 1 player to alien abduction.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

I voted for 1 considering all we know so far is 1.  Why would I want other players to be kicked off?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,641
  • Days Won:  424

I think maybe we need a clarifcation of the word "worthy" here...

You can look at having a poll on something like this in many different ways..

I see it as an unnecessary indictment against the program and the players it recruits when in fact, as ProfessaBull states, it should be a credit to the program that the appropriate discipline/penalty is applied.

To have the debate framed in such a way that puts it in the light of being a "renegade program" does the program, its coaches, players and fans as well as the school, its administrators, graduates and students absolutely no good.  It further damages the reputation of others on the team that have no such behavior or discipline problem.

If one coach on the staff had a DUI say, would we post a poll asking how many others will now?  As if they are all hanging out at bars getting lit and it is only a matter of time?  That poll would come down too, out of respect for the innocent individuals being dirtied by the acts of one.

Again, call it what you will, but I will encourage people to post responsibly.

corrected typo

I think maybe we need a clarifcation of the word "worthy" here...

Well really, for a teacher, ProfessaBull is confusing things.  One is the discussion on Julmiste (worthy), the other is a Poll asking how many more will meet the same fate thereby impugning the reputations of others - not Julmiste.  Those are two different things.

People voting in the poll had nothing to do with the discussion of Julmiste's departure (in this thread or the other two).  Had the poll been about Julmiste, it would still be there.  I'll try to simplify.  Should someone post a poll asking how many USF Football players will **** a fellow student this year - it too would be removed.  Call it censorship if you will.