• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How many USF football players will be kicked off?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574
  • Days Won:  0

did anyone get kicked off last year besides chambers?  I'm just not understanding this great worry.

Watson was kicked off.  Not sure for the reason.  Chambers was kicked off the team at the same time as Watson.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

It will be more then one

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

marijuana will destroy us!!

i was off board for a day

was there another incident?

• Topic Count:  116
  • Content Count:  1,501

marijuana will destroy us!!

i was off board for a day

was there another incident?

I see the other thread is broken....

Josh Julmiste Dismissed

Skip directly to the full story.

By BRETT MCMURPHY The Tampa Tribune

Published: Feb 13, 2007

TAMPA University of South Florida starting sophomore defensive end Josh Julmiste, who was suspended from the Bulls' first six games after a second failed drug test, has been dismissed from the program for a violation of team rules, USF assistant athletic director John Gerdes said Tuesday.

In August, Julmiste told the Tribune he had failed a second drug test. According to USF's substance abuse policy, a third positive test results in an athlete losing their remaining eligibility at USF and they are removed from scholarship.

Julmiste could not be reached for comment.

After serving a six-game suspension last fall for his second positive test, Julmiste played in USF's remaining seven games, including starting the Bulls' final six contests. The 6-foot-6, 275-pounder had 23 tackles, 361/27 sacks and four quarterback hurries. His three forced fumbles were second most for the Bulls.

Julmiste, the younger brother of senior quarterback Pat Julmiste, also started one game as a freshman.

Of USF's three starters who were suspended from the first six games of last season, Julmiste and wide receiver Jackie Chambers have been dismissed for a violation of team rules.

http://www.tbo.com/sports/bulls/MGBXAXU35YE.html

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

thanks

bad news for bulls

i guess he will leave with his senior brother

Guest JulmisteForPrez

On the other hand...

This is just a means to help purge this program of selfish and irresponsible trouble makers.  Who would deny Josh Julmiste is a trouble maker??  Look at the crap he has been involved in over the past three years.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  642

Windbane, I don't understand why you think this is a meaningless thread? This is not a condescending question, but how long have you been following USF football?

Every year we have guys kicked off for various issues, I've been watching it happen since '99. The thing that is interesting to me is that they are more often than not "quality" players. Jon Chivas being the earliest I can recall and the list goes on.

The reason it is worth talking about is because it says something about the integrity of our PROGRAM. CJL does not care WHO you are, you cross the line you are out. When I was younger I hated this but now I understand why it HAS to be done.

Please let us never minimalize this issue.

Guest JulmisteForPrez
Windbane, I don't understand why you think this is a meaningless thread? This is not a condescending question, but how long have you been following USF football?

Every year we have guys kicked off for various issues, I've been watching it happen since '99. The thing that is interesting to me is that they are more often than not "quality" players. Jon Chivas being the earliest I can recall and the list goes on.

The reason it is worth talking about is because it says something about the integrity of our PROGRAM. CJL does not care WHO you are, you cross the line you are out. When I was younger I hated this but now I understand why it HAS to be done.

Please let us never minimalize this issue.

Indeed, Professa.  Indeed.