• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How many USF football players will be kicked off?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

Windbane, I don't understand why you think this is a meaningless thread? This is not a condescending question, but how long have you been following USF football?

Every year we have guys kicked off for various issues, I've been watching it happen since '99. The thing that is interesting to me is that they are more often than not "quality" players. Jon Chivas being the earliest I can recall and the list goes on.

The reason it is worth talking about is because it says something about the integrity of our PROGRAM. CJL does not care WHO you are, you cross the line you are out. When I was younger I hated this but now I understand why it HAS to be done.

Please let us never minimalize this issue.

PB...FYI...CJL did not kick Julmiste out of the program.

Julmiste was kicked out of the program because per USF ATHLETIC Dept RULES, where it states that if ANY USF Athletes in ANY sport fails 3 drug tests, you are immediately kicked out said program.

Believe Windbane (or name like that) was trying to make the point earlier in the thread to you.

Now CJL can kick a player out of his program for ANY reason...and could of done that same for Josh...by not letting him enroll at USF because of his prior arrest...not allowed him back on the team after he was kicked off because of the theft case...and could of kicked him off after his first sign of drug use (before his first test), then could of done the same after his first positive drug test...or even after his 2nd failed drug test, but never did.

That could be the most pathetic thing I've read in quite sometime?  What is the point KL because you're arguing semantics?  Are you saying in the most unsubtle attempt, that if Leavitt had his way Julmiste would be playing?

Sorry charlie but he doesn't operate like Georgie...who typically let guys play on like Marshall, Travonti Johnson, and Smith after major issues.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  642

Oh and by the way, what ever I have to say I will say it openly. That was the whole purpose of becoming a member of this board. I wanted to be able to express my opinions on USF athletics OPENLY.

I enjoy the debate and I'm sure when you created this board you had the same ambitions.

Professa, for a guy that supposedly shapes the hearts and minds of our kids at da wood you seem to have significant amounts of time on your hand during school hours.  

lunch planning those things provide time here and there

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Oh and by the way, what ever I have to say I will say it openly. That was the whole purpose of becoming a member of this board. I wanted to be able to express my opinions on USF athletics OPENLY.

I enjoy the debate and I'm sure when you created this board you had the same ambitions.

Just be responsible for your own opinions.  Like speculating and naming other players that you believe will meet the same fate as Julmiste can lead to problems for someone who speaks so OPENLY without first thinking of the ramifications of such expression.   Know what I mean?

modified typo

Speculating as to which kids would be kicked off the team for drugs or grades was never an ambition I held for this board or in my own personal life.  

Just be responsible for your own opinions.  Like speculating and naming other players that you believe will meet the same fate as Julmiste can lead to problems for someone who speaks so OPENLY without first thinking of the ramifications of such expression.   Kow what I mean?

Particularly for a guy who 'claims' to be a teacher, AND assistant coach at Armwood.  A school who's HC that knows USF's staff real well.  I am sure he would hate to get called into the dump truck's office and ask why he was making accusations about USF players on open message boards.

What's more odd, most teachers, particularly those that profess to be 'professabulls' would be sensitive to 'student privacy laws'.  All teachers go through ethics classes and explained how critical it is in their profession to keep student information confidential....

be careful profess with your 'opinions' you've given to much information about yourself already and that could be very detrimental career wise if you don't watch yourself- as a teacher and coach.

Also, if you're so 'inside' with the Hills HS football world you'd know that Ponton is not a kid to fling accusations around with.  He's well respected by Earl and crew, and Ponton has some connections.

I think he knows everyting though...nice of you to try and help him.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  289

Windbane, I don't understand why you think this is a meaningless thread? This is not a condescending question, but how long have you been following USF football?

Every year we have guys kicked off for various issues, I've been watching it happen since '99. The thing that is interesting to me is that they are more often than not "quality" players. Jon Chivas being the earliest I can recall and the list goes on.

The reason it is worth talking about is because it says something about the integrity of our PROGRAM. CJL does not care WHO you are, you cross the line you are out. When I was younger I hated this but now I understand why it HAS to be done.

Julmiste was kicked out of the program because per USF ATHLETIC Dept RULES, where it states that if ANY USF Athletes in ANY sport fails 3 drug tests, you are immediately kicked out said program.

Believe Windbane (or name like that) was trying to make the point earlier in the thread to you.

Now CJL can kick a player out of his program for ANY reason...and could of done that same for Josh...by not letting him enroll at USF because of his prior arrest...not allowed him back on the team after he was kicked off because of the theft case...and could of kicked him off after his first sign of drug use (before his first test), then could of done the same after his first positive drug test...or even after his 2nd failed drug test, but never did.

That could be the most pathetic thing I've read in quite sometime?  What is the point KL because you're arguing semantics?  Are you saying in the most unsubtle attempt, that if Leavitt had his way Julmiste would be playing?

Sorry charlie but he doesn't operate like Georgie...who typically let guys play on like Marshall, Travonti Johnson, and Smith after major issues.

Oh now that's bull crap.  You're saying that Marshall, Johnson, and Smith had any issues that even compare to what Julmiste did?  Smith missed a team curfew by 20 minutes.  That's the equivalent of grand theft, and illicit drug use?  You're a master of spin.  But this doesn't even qualify as spin, it's just a bald faced lie.  Congratulations, you've proven once again how low you can sink.

Oh now that's bull crap.  You're saying that Marshall, Johnson, and Smith had any issues that even compare to what Julmiste did?  Smith missed a team curfew by 20 minutes.  That's the equivalent of grand theft, and illicit drug use?  You're a master of spin.  But this doesn't even qualify as spin, it's just a bald faced lie.  Congratulations, you've proven once again how low you can sink.

yes, except maybe Smith...Ron Ellis definitely did- **** is usually considered more severe the puffing on canibus.

Smith more than missed a curfew chumly, showed up considerably intoxicated and out on the town...check it out.  missing a curfew would have never missed him a game.

Lie, please go review Ellis, Marshall, and Travonti Johnson's arrest records- in Marshall's case it would be multiple.  Furthermore, please review Josh Julmiste, opps none were filed in Tampa, and his juvee one in Miramar was reduced to petty left, misdemeanor...sorry charlie still not as hefty as a Ron "****" Ellis.

**** the truth hurts!

Speculating as to which kids would be kicked off the team for drugs or grades was never an ambition I held for this board or in my own personal life.  

Neither did I but the topic arose.