• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2007 SCHEDULE RELEASED

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  2,307
  • Days Won:  0

I was planning on Rutgers or Pitt besides FAU and Auburn, but now it looks like I won't be able to make either.  A thursday night is not doable and I know I won't be able to travel over Thanksgiving break.  I guess I'll have to look into UCONN or 'Cuse.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  618

We always struggle at the beginning of the season, this being said, two points:

1.) Auburn will be even more of a true test of where this team stands, and where it will head at the end of the 2007 schedule.

2.) We should be able to beat the tinmen handily, as everyone will already be in midseason form. This will be a good test of how we really compare to UCF.

Those are just my two observations, everything else about the schedule looks great. I'm excited, GO BULLS!!

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

I do not understand the desire to play Auburn in week 3 rather than week 2. Auburn is a young team and they have way more holes to fill and question marks than we do. They have 4 new O-linemen coming in. While they will probably blossom into great players, they will only have one real game experience before facing us. I like our chances better in week 2 than week 3, but maybe I am wrong.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,080

so u would rather have UCF beat us in our house?

Would I rather lose to UCF than lose to Rutgers?....That's a no brainer. Rutgers is by far the more important game.

While you are right that losing an OOC game is preferable to losing a Big East game, there is a much much more important factor.

Rutgers is perceived as the better team.  Losing to a good team is better than losing to a terrible team.  It would have less of an effect on the perception of USF.

Needless to say, tho, I'd rather beat them both.

Perceptions, perceptions...Beating Rutgers gives us a chance to finish higher  the in the Big East, perhaps even  first place, which would translate into playing in a BCS BOWL GAME.  That my friend, trumps beating UCF by a country mile.

Even great teams occassionaly have a bad day and lose to a "terrible" team.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

Do you really want to be the "ONLY" BE team to lose to UCF - ever ?

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

So does anybody else think we could possbily push 50k for the Louisville game? If that game ends up being for the conference, I think we could do it.

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  318

Losing to UCF is the same as if we had lost the bowl to the purple people.  Can't lose to non-BCS teams, especially at home.  

In all not a bad slate.  Root for the baseball league championship series to end early, 10/18 would be against game 7 of one of the series.  If the series is over, we have the whole stage to ourselves.  The other good thing is the only back to back road games are 9 days apart, a little extra rest.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  339

So does anybody else think we could possbily push 50k for the Louisville game? If that game ends up being for the conference, I think we could do it.

good point.  I think this schedule shapes up very very nicely in terms of attendance.  This year, both our ESPN games are AWAY.  Our holiday game is AWAY (PITT).  And we have an awesome home sched.  If we have another good year in 07, our home crowds will be huge.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

This is our year for 3 home BE games and 4 on the road.  Makes it a little tougher.  Better for 2008.