• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2007 SCHEDULE RELEASED

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

I sure don't like Rutgers, an important conference game, only five days after UCF.  That is not cool, especially since Rut is an away game and we play on nat'l TV.  If they have a Thursday night crowd like this year's against the 'Ville, we will be in serious trouble.  Especially with the short preparation time.  That is a major trap game in my mind.

Normal

Normal, I think you are absolutely right about that game.  Thats the first thing I noticed when I looked at the schedule.  We will be coming off an emotional game versus UCF, and then have to travel to a hostile night game crowd at RU.  Aside from Auburn this might be the toughest game of the year.  And it means more than Auburn, as our bowl season will be partially decided by this conference game.

we should be up 30-0 at halftime

ftu/ou/oc is hardley an emotional game

those guys stink

that game is tuneup for rutgers

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Days Won:  1

?? on Rutgers does anyone know how many players they lost (seniors)?  If my memory serves me correctly they lost one of the highest amount of players so they will need to regroup just like Auburn.  Remember we have most of our team already experienced and with #8 at the helm & hopefully Ford alongside along with the rest of the backs etc. I think we will do ok.  Hey at least we got picked up by ESPN!!!  The last I heard the chances were slim the game would be televised.  That ought to say something!  They wanted to televise it so that is probably why the game date was changed.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Actually, I do not think they lost that many.  It was on some other thread and dealt with the way Rutgers identified class standing for players.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Rutgers still has to replace at least a couple of lineman, their All American TE and All American FB.  They have talent coming in to replace them, but as we saw last year it takes time to gel.  I'm glad we are getting them early.

If things pan out the way we hope, that UL game woill be very meaningful.  if it is, I expect a pretty big crowd.

So does anybody else think we could possbily push 50k for the Louisville game? If that game ends up being for the conference, I think we could do it.

good point.  I think this schedule shapes up very very nicely in terms of attendance.  This year, both our ESPN games are AWAY.  Our holiday game is AWAY (PITT).  And we have an awesome home sched.  If we have another good year in 07, our home crowds will be huge.

Remember, ESPN has the right to change ANY USF game up to 12 days prior.  There's nothing to say that the WVU or Louisville games won't be moved to, say, Friday for ESPN2 -- or played on ESPN on Saturdays.

so u would rather have UCF beat us in our house?

Would I rather lose to UCF than lose to Rutgers?....That's a no brainer. Rutgers is by far the more important game.

While you are right that losing an OOC game is preferable to losing a Big East game, there is a much much more important factor.

Rutgers is perceived as the better team.  Losing to a good team is better than losing to a terrible team.  It would have less of an effect on the perception of USF.

Needless to say, tho, I'd rather beat them both.

Perceptions, perceptions...Beating Rutgers gives us a chance to finish higher  the in the Big East, perhaps even  first place, which would translate into playing in a BCS BOWL GAME.  That my friend, trumps beating UCF by a country mile.

Even great teams occassionaly have a bad day and lose to a "terrible" team.

If you're saying "who would you rather beat" -- then I agree with you wholeheartedly.  

But the question was "who would you rather lose to" - and my answer is the same: Rutgers.  

JMHO

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

For What its' worth: Rumor is the UCF game will be on ESPNU.

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

I sure don't like Rutgers, an important conference game, only five days after UCF.  That is not cool, especially since Rut is an away game and we play on nat'l TV.  If they have a Thursday night crowd like this year's against the 'Ville, we will be in serious trouble.  Especially with the short preparation time.  That is a major trap game in my mind.

Normal

Normal, I think you are absolutely right about that game.  Thats the first thing I noticed when I looked at the schedule.  We will be coming off an emotional game versus UCF, and then have to travel to a hostile night game crowd at RU.  Aside from Auburn this might be the toughest game of the year.  And it means more than Auburn, as our bowl season will be partially decided by this conference game.

we should be up 30-0 at halftime

ftu/ou/oc is hardley an emotional game

those guys stink

that game is tuneup for rutgers

Smazza, obviously you don't have a clue about football.  First, can you tell me which games last year we were ever up on anybody 30-0 at halftime??  Secondly, have you watched the last two games against UCF?  What were the scores of those two games??  Did you attend either of these games??  If not, how would you know if these games are emotional or not??  

I realize you say things to cause a stir, but your lack of football IQ is mindboggling.  I'm sure the Trojans website would welcome you with open arms if you chose to jump to their bandwagon.......

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  880
  • Days Won:  0

I could easily see our WVU or L'Ville games being moved to a noon time slot to be the BE Game of the Week.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I do not understand the desire to play Auburn in week 3 rather than week 2. Auburn is a young team and they have way more holes to fill and question marks than we do. They have 4 new O-linemen coming in. While they will probably blossom into great players, they will only have one real game experience before facing us. I like our chances better in week 2 than week 3, but maybe I am wrong.

I happen to agree with you Bully on playing Auburn early.  New coach, young team, really a good match up.  

I don't think you can compare our first 3 games last year to the way we will play this year.  Matt comes in for Pat in the middle of the McNeese game.  We were playing for the most part freshmen and sophomores.  I like our chances this year.

West Virginia and Louisville are going to be the important games for us at home.  We need to get revenge on Cincy for last year.

Overall, I think our schedule is about as good as it gets.  

GO BULLS!!!!   ::)