• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Coach Gregory's OC Record

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

Direct quote from our starting fullback during Gregory's tenure:

that said, gregory definitely needed to go. i remember the buffalo game at buffalo (where we got pummeled) and their linebackers calling our exact plays and pointing out where we were going. there's nothing like running mid-line option as a fullback when the defense knows where you're going.

Sounds like excuses to me. Players obviously weren't good enough to beat woeful Buffalo and started the blame game...

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  594
  • Days Won:  0

that said, gregory definitely needed to go. i remember the buffalo game at buffalo (where we got pummeled) and their linebackers calling our exact plays and pointing out where we were going. there's nothing like running mid-line option as a fullback when the defense knows where you're going.

Sounds like excuses to me. Players obviously weren't good enough to beat woeful Buffalo and started the blame game...

It's the same group of players whom under the previous OC scored 44 points against the Bulls. The same Buffalo that had lost 12 straight until beating us. And they shut us out.

I am inclined to trust their judgment, particularly the ones who played under Grobe initially then made the conversion to the Knorr regime (Knorr had very little if anything to do with the offense during his tenure here).

I'm just saying that any optimism should be very guarded. The overall opinion from former players is great loads of sympathy for all of us here at USF. That's something!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

It's the same group of players whom under the previous OC scored 44 points against the Bulls. The same Buffalo that had lost 12 straight until beating us. And they shut us out.

I am inclined to trust their judgment, particularly the ones who played under Grobe initially then made the conversion to the Knorr regime (Knorr had very little if anything to do with the offense during his tenure here).

I'm just saying that any optimism should be very guarded. The overall opinion from former players is great loads of sympathy for all of us here at USF. That's something!

The thread starter said he averaged 31 points per conference game while OC @ Ohio. Is that incorrect? If it is, what's the real number? If it's correct, it seems silly to pull that Buffalo game out that appears to be an aberration ...

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

The thread starter said he averaged 31 points per conference game while OC @ Ohio. Is that incorrect? If it is, what's the real number? If it's correct, it seems silly to pull that Buffalo game out that appears to be an aberration ...

yeah, I'm optimistic.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  594

Gregory was OC from 2001-2003.

2001: 18.0 ppg. 240 rushing ypg, 74.5 passing ypg. (24.38ppg in conference)

2002: 24.9 ppg. 239 rushing ypg, 87.4 passing ypg. (30.13ppg in conference)

2003: 21.9 ppg. 183 rushing ypg, 154 passing ypg. (24ppg in conference)

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  57

Hmmmm. 26ppgs is not bad either!  How was the defense?

2001: 29.1 ppg allowed (30.6 vs MAC teams)

2002: 31.2 ppg allowed (30.6 vs MAC teams)

2003: 31.0 ppg allowed (30.5 vs MAC teams)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,653
  • Days Won:  29

Negative quotes from former players ... you can get a list from ALL coaches.

I really see this as an upgrade ... love the experience and leavitt's nod.

This is the most talent and depth USF has ever had. An experienced OC will only help.

Excited about 2007 Spring !

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  919

Gregory was OC from 2001-2003.

2001: 18.0 ppg. 240 rushing ypg, 74.5 passing ypg. (24.38ppg in conference)

2002: 24.9 ppg. 239 rushing ypg, 87.4 passing ypg. (30.13ppg in conference)

2003: 21.9 ppg. 183 rushing ypg, 154 passing ypg. (24ppg in conference)

Scout says Gregory's Ohio teams averaged 32 ppg during these years.  Who's wrong?

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I just did the math, looks like Bobcat's numbers are right.