• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Grothe vs. Troy Smith

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

smith isnt overated

smith is way better than grothe

gators are better than buckeyes

grothe can only hope he has a career like smiths

Smazza, just so I understand.  Do you think Smith is better than Grothe now, or that Grothe can never be as good as Smith?  I think Smith is better than Grothe now (comparing a senior to a RS Freshman), but think Grothe can be as good as Smith.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,653
  • Days Won:  29

Smith is too short and he doesn't have any elgibility, I'm staying with Grothe.

;)

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  473
  • Days Won:  2

You can't blame just one guy for that loss-- the Gators took it to them.

Smith is a quality player and will still have some impact in the NFL as long as he finds the right team. He's got a rocket for an arm and can really move.

I don't get why people feel the need to compare Grothe to every QB all the time. Matt had a nice year and really showed us he is a great competitor. I'll be happy to let his play on the field do his talking and avoid trying to hype him up beyond that.

exactly.  troy had absolutely no time to do anything last night.  its not his fault his line had absolutely no containment on uf's defensive ends.  and ohiobull, how in the hell is usc less than stellar?  were you watching the same rose bowl i was?

Uh, who was USC playing.  Oh yea, Michigan.  And who did Michigan beat this year that shows they are a good team.  Well, they did play Notre Dame.  Oh  yea, not a good team.  They did beat a good Wisconsin team.  But winning one game does not make a great season.

And I was not the one who started the comparisons between QB's.  My point is to end the discussion.  I live in Ohio and all I heard the last few weeks was OSU this, OSU that, Troy Smith this, Troy Smith that, and then I get on USF's beloved message board a few weeks back and people are talking about taking TS over MG.  Sorry, but I lost my cool.  I knew OSU played no one this year and I knew that Troy Smith was overrated.  Bottom line, Troy Smith is a good QB but he is far from the best QB in the nation.  Point proven the other night.  And frankly, like I said, I would not take Troy Smith over MG even if he had a good game the other night.  I wish people would just be thrilled, over-joyed with who we have as our QB and shut their traps about taking someone else over him.  If you haven't noticed, our sophmore QB is listed at #25 on the heisman list for next year.  We have something good going on and the other schools are the ones who should be saying that they would take MG over their QB...not the other way around.

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

Troy Smith will be a non-factor in the NFL unless he plays safety.  At best maybe as good as Doug Flutie.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

11/21      51yds      1  interception

Grothe vs Cincinatti

4/14   35yds   1 interception

Troy Smith vs Florida

One game does not a career make.     If Grothe leave USF with a Heisman, overrated and gets us to multiple BCS games I am cool with that.

you guys are out of control.  take off the green and gold googles for a little bit here and think about what you are saying.  i think grothe is a great QB and really look foward to him playing here the next 3 years but comparing him to Troy Smith at this point in Matt's career is just stupid.

apples and oranges.

supporting casts, strength of the gators defense, etc...

since someone posted Matt's stats against Cincy, here are Troy's against t hat same Cincy team...

T. Smith, QB

21-30, 203 yds

2 TDs

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

This year i take Smith over Grothe.  He did win the heisman.  Maybe in his seinor year he could be better.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,490
  • Days Won:  13

are you people serious?

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

usf is fine

we just have to prove it on the field.

start the season 5-0 will turn some heads

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  856

Troy Smith will be a non-factor in the NFL unless he plays safety.  At best maybe as good as Doug Flutie.

?? what an arbitrary statement....and last i checked flutie had his own brand of cereal!!  

i.e.  http://www.classicbuffalo.com/images/FlutieFlakes.jpg

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  856

maybe he should take the candian route like doug then...after all, he is the best cfl player in history, eh?