• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

For those who are going to Auburn...

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,766
  • Days Won:  3

That's right, boys and girls. For those of you who didn't have the common decency to swing by the 82nd Airborne museum at Fort Bragg on the way up to Chapel Hill last year, here is your opportunity to view the U.S. Infantry museum...located in less-than-scenic Fort Benning, Georgia, also home of the Army Airborne School.

So get your hair cut, shine those boots and straighten that gig line or you will be standing tall before the man. If that fluffy red bird from L'ville can parachute into Papa Johns Pizza Palace & Football Emporium, I think it's about time Rocky started humming "...pack your chute and jump with me, we are airborne in-fan-try!"

34ft_twr1_sm.jpg

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

By the way, pregame at Auburn features their 'war eagle' flying around the stadium prior to kickoff.  Pretty sweet.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Days Won:  1

8-) Got some FYI stuff for all going to Auburn.  I spoke with the Auburn Univ. Hotel right on the campus.  Very pleasant and helpul.  The young man I spoke with said sometimes the visiting team stays there or the "the lodge" not sure what that is.  Anyhow he said at the beginning of April they will take individual reservations.  Right now they are going thourgh the groups that have annual package deals and what is left is on a first come first serve basis.  Rates aren't high and the hotel is beautiful.  He said a lot of visiting fans do stay in Columbus and on gameday he said it would be about 1 -1.5hr drive to the stadium due to traffic.  So hopefully that will help.  He did give me the name of the person who handles the football packages and said to talk with her in April, (Cassie Hood) she may even know at that point if USF is staying there or not by then.  Hope this helps a little.

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  295
  • Days Won:  0

8-) Got some FYI stuff for all going to Auburn.  I spoke with the Auburn Univ. Hotel right on the campus.  Very pleasant and helpul.  The young man I spoke with said sometimes the visiting team stays there or the "the lodge" not sure what that is.  Anyhow he said at the beginning of April they will take individual reservations.  Right now they are going thourgh the groups that have annual package deals and what is left is on a first come first serve basis.  Rates aren't high and the hotel is beautiful.  He said a lot of visiting fans do stay in Columbus and on gameday he said it would be about 1 -1.5hr drive to the stadium due to traffic.  So hopefully that will help.  He did give me the name of the person who handles the football packages and said to talk with her in April, (Cassie Hood) she may even know at that point if USF is staying there or not by then.  Hope this helps a little.

I spoke with them also..the lady told me there Alumi books that out 3 years in advance..they will take a waiting list in April but chances of staying there is nil..plus would rather stay with green and gold even it if means driving some distant

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  971

I don't think it will take 1-1.5 hours to reach the stadium from Columbus, as the crowd tends to arrive in a fairly steady stream starting about 24 hours before kickoff.  After the game, now that's a different story!  You could probably walk out of town faster than you could drive.   One interesting option is the shuttle system they have running between the stadium and a shopping area called Tiger Town that is just off I-85.  I may consider that.

first I heard of the shuttle..may be the way to go...the lady told me you are looking at a 45min drive but cant remeber if that was game time drive..

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  695

What is the name of your hotel where you made reservations?

• Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

From one that is staying in Columbus, I do not care about the drive after the game... If the game is a noon or 3pm start, then after the game I will sit in the parking lot and chill out and talk with other bull fans.. The only problem will be a 7-8pm start which will mean many hours to tailgate before the game ;D ;D ;D, but then we will not get baqk to hotel until 1am-2am >:( >:( >:( >:(   Oh well It will be a great time and wonderful experience!

does anyone know how far  the stadium is from the columbus airport...