• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

For those who are going to Auburn...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

I don't foresee this game being a night game.  Auburn traditionally only plays big name teams at night.  Just don't think we are there yet nationally.  I believe USC and GT are the only non conference night games they have played in the last five years.  I'm guessing a noon time start as the SEC game of the week.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just looking ahead at the rest of the SEC schedule that day (Sept 15).  These are the games we are competing against for national TV:

Tennessee @ Florida

Arkansas @ Alabama

SC State @ South Carolina

Western Carolina @ Georgia

LSU @ Mississippi State

Ole Miss @ Vanderbilt

Louisville @ Kentucky

USF @ Auburn

I'd say our chance of playing a night game at Auburn are about 10%.  CBS will most likely take the Tennessee/Florida matchup for the 3:30 slot.  ESPN will probably take Arkansas and Alabama next for the primetime game.  The Louisville/Kentucky game always seems to be on national TV so it could be the ESPN 2 game that night.  But that still leaves two SEC matchups with LSU/MSU and Ole Miss/Vandy, so I just don't think it will be an ESPN covered game for that night.

This doesn't include any other conferences, and this is a huge week for college football.  Notre Dame will be at Michigan that day, so there are other huge games that same day.

I could see a pay per view type deal with a 6:00 PM start, but my guess is 12 or 3:30.  

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Noon is fine by me...that means more time to party afterwards!

From looking at JoeB's list of games, I would expect the game to be at 12:30 on Lincoln Financial (formerly Jefferson Pilot) -- which means it will be syndicated, but probably not on Gameplan.

The bizarre 12:30 (EDT) start-time means an 11:30 kickoff in Auburn, AL.

I can see a 7:00am wakeup call at the Columbus Hampton...

Yep, I'm guessing it will be the Lincoln Financial game as well.  Its a little more appealing than LSU/Miss State for the rest of the region.  Noon thirty at Auburn sounds good to me..........

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

I cant wait for this game. however if both teams are top 25 (possible) could you see us replaceing Kentucy vs louisville on espn2?

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

does anyone know when the tickets are going to be available

Single game tickets probably won't be available until June or July I'm guessing.

Single game tickets probably won't be available until June or July I'm guessing.

It depends on when Auburn releases them to USF.  I actually could see a problem for this game -- too many USF fans wanting tickets.  Not sure how many tickets will be in USF's allotment - could be 1000 or 2000.

Imagine USF fans trying to get scalped tickets in Auburn.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Basing this on the last 3-4 seasons this will probably not be a night game unless it is not on TV.

CBS's contract with the SEC gives them primetime rights for that weekend, the last 3 years they have used those rights on Florida/Tennessee; with UF winning it all I don't expect that to change.

Because of that ESPN cannot show an SEC game counter to the CBS SEC game.

CBS also has the 3:30 slot that day and Lincoln Financial will have the noon game.

What they do for those is a mystery. Just to note LF can split broadcasts if they want meaning they can pick up UK/UL and USF/Auburn and so them both regionally.