• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

For those who are going to Auburn...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  34
  • Days Won:  0

Thanks for the heads up. Just reserved rooms there as well. Rooms are pretty pricey throughout the area. I would of been bummed if I went to book a room late this summer and could not find anything.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  827

Not sure why everyone is staying in Columbus. There is a few hotels in Auburn/Opelika. The reason that its shows no availablilty when you do a search is because they haven't started reserving rooms for football season yet. I suggest calling some of the hotels on the phone and inquiring about when they are going to open up reservations for football season.

I did and now know the date to call back to reserve my rooms.

Just a little FYI.

Hope that helps!

Go Bulls

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  695

Would you please name the hotels and when to call back so we all could have a better idea about the accomadations and when we could check to see if it would be a better opportunity for Bulls fans. Thanks!

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Days Won:  1

Not sure why everyone is staying in Columbus. There is a few hotels in Auburn/Opelika. The reason that its shows no availablilty when you do a search is because they haven't started reserving rooms for football season yet. I suggest calling some of the hotels on the phone and inquiring about when they are going to open up reservations for football season.

I did and now know the date to call back to reserve my rooms.

Just a little FYI.

Hope that helps!

Go Bulls

Hey Big Hairy Bull share the wealth of information, we want to make the trip as well!

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,766
  • Days Won:  3

Our reservations are 'stake in the ground' types. If there's a better deal to be had, for instance a group rate with substantive discount or increased availability, we can always can these and go another route.  

...when they are going to open up reservations for football season.

I would assume that football season is their 'high' season, and as such rooms will be priced accordingly.

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  295

they open them up in April..some are booked and will put you on a waiting list..one I spoke with told me the Alumni books three years in advance..they renew just before the end of the third year. she told me there may be rooms open and she would put me on a reserve list but not till April..

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  971

It may be worthwhile to ask some people who've gone to Auburn before where they eat and sleep, i.e., some traveling gator fans.  Though it's usually a disappointing trip for them overall.  HaHaHa!

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,142

We know an Auburn grad who's gone to the games before and he was the one that told us about the Hampton Inn in Columbus.  He said it's better priced and easier to book a room there.

• Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

IBWT-   In Bubbles We Trust!   Wherever we go as long as there are BULL FANS there it will be in good shape!   Is the riverwalk there any good?

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  971

The Riverwalk is a 15 mile paved and lighted path that runs along the Chattahoochee River from downtown Columbus South to Fort Benning.  Here's a link for more info:

http://www.columbusga.org/parks/park_sites/riverwalk.htm

I think bikes can be rented downtown.  If you're interested in this local attraction, consider staying at the Marriott, on the edge of the historic district downtown.  The Riverwalk will be right across the street, the RiverCenter for the Performing Arts is the next block over, and a variety of restaurants, brew pubs, and night clubs are an easy two-block walk from the hotel.