• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Down in front...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

Trip I went to Doak for FSU/Notre Dame in 2002 and stood the whole game. usually it's just in the lower seats or maybe because it was a big game. I can tell you this, went to Ole Miss in 2002 and no one sat even the elder in front of me.

I'm sure there are parts of the stadium where everyone stands the whole game and there are parts of the game where everyone is standing but you guys are intimating that everyone stands for all or most of the game in a majority of college football stadiums. I just find that hard to believe ...

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Trip I went to Doak for FSU/Notre Dame in 2002 and stood the whole game. usually it's just in the lower seats or maybe because it was a big game. I can tell you this, went to Ole Miss in 2002 and no one sat even the elder in front of me.

I'm sure there are parts of the stadium where everyone stands the whole game and there are parts of the game where everyone is standing but you guys are intimating that everyone stands for all or most of the game in a majority of college football stadiums. I just find that hard to believe ...

I agree Trip... large segments (i.e. students) at these major programs stand... not to mention that in places without chairbacks and arm-rests, sitting down is not all that more comfortable than standing.

When it's appropriate for the game, standing is a good idea... but standing for the sake of standing makes no sense to me.  If you're not yelling to create pressure for the opposing offense or cheering a good play, why on earth would you want to stand??

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  698
  • Days Won:  0

Might be time for you to make a trip to football game at UF or FSU...Even the UCF game, I stood the entire time.

You know...it used to be that if you were transiting the aisle or needed to crawl over people to get to your seat, the old-school decorum was to either duck down so folks could see or wait until the play on the field was over. Now...not so much.  8-)

Don't even get me started on that. I unthinkingly got end seats on the wrong side of the aisle and it's unfathomable the amount of people that go up and down with no frigging clue that play is on... and what's a joke is that there's a sign inside the club as you go out that says you may be held up while the game is in play or something to that affect. That must only be for the high roller Buc club seat owners.

Might be time for you to make a trip to football game at UF or FSU...Even the UCF game, I stood the entire time.

I have no doubt YOU stood the whole game. My point was did the whole stadium stand the whole game? ... And I've been to games at Doak.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

^...which is why I got 10-13...absolute middle. 8-)

^...which is why I got 10-13...absolute middle. 8-)

I need my "space" the end seat affords me ....  ;)

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

You know...it used to be that if you were transiting the aisle or needed to crawl over people to get to your seat, the old-school decorum was to either duck down so folks could see or wait until the play on the field was over. Now...not so much.  8-)

Don't even get me started on that. I unthinkingly got end seats on the wrong side of the aisle and it's unfathomable the amount of people that go up and down with no frigging clue that play is on... and what's a joke is that there's a sign inside the club as you go out that says you may be held up while the game is in play or something to that affect. That must only be for the high roller Buc club seat owners.

You are correct.  The sign actually says "Ushers may hold traffic here while the ball is in play" and they DO enforce it.  I wish they did for the Bulls games too.   >:(

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480

I will say only one thing in Mutt's defense...he was not and had not been standing the entire game.  He got up during a good play and continued to stand for a while longer.  He would have eventually sat down on his own without being told.  I think his major beef was the way the guy said it.  He wasn't exactly polite.

That is how it should be, when something great happens jump up and scream/cheer, on key plays when you need to be loud stand and make noise. There is no reason people should be forced to stand through the entire game just as there is no reason people should not be allowed to stand during the key moments.

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

I hope I am not in front of any of you at UNC game, I might be standing too much...