• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Not Likely To Play UCF After '08

Guest Sprtsfn627

I want nothing to do with Buffalo.  They cancelled on West Virginia and Rutgers this past summer because they needed the money.  Doesn't exactly give me confidence that they won't do the same to us.

I have no problems facing WKU and Ball St in a 2 for 1 though.  WKU is moving on up to 1-A, and we both spent time together in the Sun Belt.  Ball St is....Ball St.  Nothing special really.

The ONLY reason I could see us signing 1 and 1's with those teams is if they sign basketball contracts with us.  That is pure speculation, but all have been decent in basketball in recent years.

As for UCF...I would wait and see the outcome of the series before I would toss it.  If it does end 4-0, then there really isn't much point in renewing it right away, they're inferior.   But if it ends 2-2 or even 3-1 and attendance remains strong...I say go for it.  I wouldn't mind scheduling them in basketball either, we could use the wins  ;D

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

The non-alarmists are likely the correct ones here.

I have to question what sources Brett used because he did not identify any.

Brett lists his source here: USF Athletics

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/related/C127/

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Thanks Johnny...

His source:  "..but USF’s actual proposed future schedules acquired from USF with a public records search."

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Here's a legitimate question, what if we're 1-3 versus UCF at the end of the four years?  Everyone assumes we'll be 4-0 or 3-1.  What if they beat us the next three years??  Does it look like good scheduling when we have Ball State coming in, when UCF is mere miles away and getting the best out of 4 games?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,648
  • Days Won:  424

Thanks Johnny...

His source:  "..but USF’s actual proposed future schedules acquired from USF with a public records search."

Don't be so hard on K_L. He meant this source .."But they are listed right there on USF’s proposed future schedules".

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,757

I have to question anything Bret writes...  he just hasn't been the same since SPT became a sponsor.  

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

The non-alarmists are likely the correct ones here.

I have to question what sources Brett used because he did not identify any.

I also have to believe we will not go with a 1 for 1 with those teams.  If we do it is likely a  financial decision based on a 7th home game, a 2 for 1, and the lack of a value proposition in playing UCF.

I don't believe this was intended to be bulletin board material for UCF, but instead blog material for TBO (and obviously for us as well).   ;D

DW has done fantastic in scheduling.  I have faith he will do the right thing for the program, including maintaining a good lot of early season tune-up games for the forseeable future whether they be against UCF or any other non-BCS school.

His sources always prefer to remain nameless and faceless, and theyre all high level and very influential...yeah right.

If I speculated at my job as much as Brett does I'd be in the poor house.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,833
  • Days Won:  22

I think we should end the game... Buffalo would be a potential future conf mate for USF.   ::)

Didnt Buffalo beat UCF in their last meeting? That might be a better game after all ;D ;D