• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Not Likely To Play UCF After '08

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only person who thinks we should add another conference game for the 12th game?... come on.... one home game against Syracuse and one away came against Syracuse.  :D

yes, you are the only one.

Why do people assume that Brett is wrong when he wrote "home-and-home" series.  That sounds like a 1 for 1 ... not a 2 for 1.

So, yes Bulls Fans, it appears that the 1 for 1 UCF series will be replaced by 1 for 1 series with Buffalo or Ball State or Western Kentucky..

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

What happened to Miami becoming an annual game?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,749
  • Content Count:  37,659
  • Days Won:  29

Playing 1AA teams will not harm this program ... as it doesn't harm any others.

::)

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

It's still on the table, but the Miami fans and boosters aren't really supporting it. I think if it does happen it won't happen for a few years.

It could go either way at this point. Beating FIU at home by 1 isn't exactly stellar for our image.

As for the game, if we're 4-0 in 2008, then I say ok, it was a good series and we should toss it. However, this game makes too much sense economically, it increases student support to killer large levels (I've heard there has been buzz on campus), and it gets the STATE of Florida writing about our program.

• Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

I'd much rather see USF play miami than these other schools...  

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Name one NON-BCS team that DW has signed to a 1-1 deal? UCF is the only one and it was forced on by CUSA. From the pattern DW has set up in signing opponent it doesnt make sense, so i dont believe it until i see the deal announced by USF. I think there is a little pissing battle between BM and JL.

I think too many are reading into this too much. USF ISN'T going to sign 1 and 1's with those teams, I cannot see it.

That being said, I think too many are making too big of a deal about signing non-BCS teams to 1 and 1s. Kansas, Indiana, LSU, Tennessee, Oregon, UCLA, Ole Miss, etc all have started or completed series with nonBCS team. I mean Kansas is going to Toledo this Friday on ESPN.

So long as you only schedule one and the team actually is decent (consistently bowl eligible) then I don't have a problem with it, whether it be UCF, Southern Miss, Memphis, Utah, Air Force...

I'd much rather play a 1 and 1 with a decent Mid-Majoe then have to travel a 2 for 1 to a crappy team like FAU or FIU, losing to one of them would be MUCH more devastating to this programs image than a school like UCF, So Miss, or Memphis.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527
  • Days Won:  0

Here's the Truth: THE GNATS ARE ANNOYING!

Don't you think USF heads get tired of the conversation, year after year?

I agree, I will be glad when this series finally ends hopefully with us having a 4-0 or 3-1 advantage, then we can shut down the dumbgeon and be done with those morons.  Besides someone has to put Buffalo in their place, their can be only one true Bull team in I-A

Finally, someone makes sense.  Almost everyone here at one time has said how you hope we can be done with ucf.  Now that it is, you all freak out?

Besides, Buff, Ball & WKYU aren't going to be annual series.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

The non-alarmists are likely the correct ones here.

I have to question what sources Brett used because he did not identify any.

I also have to believe we will not go with a 1 for 1 with those teams.  If we do it is likely a  financial decision based on a 7th home game, a 2 for 1, and the lack of a value proposition in playing UCF.

I don't believe this was intended to be bulletin board material for UCF, but instead blog material for TBO (and obviously for us as well).   ;D

DW has done fantastic in scheduling.  I have faith he will do the right thing for the program, including maintaining a good lot of early season tune-up games for the forseeable future whether they be against UCF or any other non-BCS school.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527
  • Days Won:  0

including maintaining a good lot of early season tune-up games for the forseeable future whether they be against UCF or any other non-BCS school.

Exactly!  If ucf wants to come as our tune up game, perhaps we'll discuss it.