• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Not Likely To Play UCF After '08

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

I would only assume that we might be looking at 2 for 1's from a Ball State, Buffalo or Western Kentucky. That would be how we may be able to eventually have 7 home games in a season. If we could get FIU or FAU to do it....these teams are certainly no better than them.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  687
  • Days Won:  0

Who the hell wants to see us play Buffalo, Ball State, and WKY.  If we don't continue the UCF series to play these teams then Doug Woolard should take a pay cut to help make-up the revenue reductions from lost ticket wages. We already struggle to draw fans, and this type of scheduling is horrible.  

I'm excited to see the "USF is a bunch of P*$$ies" signs on Sat. at the Citrus Bowl.    

I had to check the link to make sure this wasn't a joke.

At least Trae Williams was honest.  There is no reason not for us to play.  We need a rival in our state.  For those of you who think that UF, FSU, or UM will ever view us as their top rival, you're living in a pipe dream.

Doug, please say it ain't so.      

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2

Who the hell wants to see us play Buffalo, Ball State, and WKY.  If we don't continue the UCF series to play these teams then Doug Woolard should take a pay cut to help make-up the revenue reductions from lost ticket wages. We already struggle to draw fans, and this type of scheduling is horrible.  

I'm excited to see the "USF is a bunch of P*$$ies" signs on Sat. at the Citrus Bowl.    

I had to check the link to make sure this wasn't a joke.

At least Trae Williams was honest.  There is no reason not for us to play.  We need a rival in our state.  For those of you who think that UF, FSU, or UM will ever view us as their top rival, you're living in a pipe dream.

Doug, please say it ain't so.      

Scheduling Ball St, Buffalo, and WKU make it an easy path to bowl eligibility. If you're playing 2 of them each year, win those 2 and you only have to win 4 conference games to become bowl eligible.

The concerns mentioned by everyone are legit....those teams will bring next to zero fans to your games and other than Ball State being Letterman's alma mater, nobody cares about the other two. Kansas, Michigan State, etc I can buy, but Ball State, Buffalo, and WKU are a lose lose situation. No exposure, no fans, ruins your s.o.s.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I think you guys are getting bent out of shape for no reason. I highly doubt that we would play Buffalo and Ball State 1 for 1. All Non BCS team that we have agreed to play since DW took over have been 2 for 1's. Why would that change now? If it's a 2 for 1 deal, then I am fine with that. I just don't see UCF agreeing to a 2 for 1 deal with USF. If other teams do, then by all means sign the deal.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,833
  • Days Won:  22

Name one NON-BCS team that DW has signed to a 1-1 deal? UCF is the only one and it was forced on by CUSA. From the pattern DW has set up in signing opponent it doesnt make sense, so i dont believe it until i see the deal announced by USF. I think there is a little pissing battle between BM and JL.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

Here's the Truth: THE GNATS ARE ANNOYING!

Don't you think USF heads get tired of the conversation, year after year?

I agree, I will be glad when this series finally ends hopefully with us having a 4-0 or 3-1 advantage, then we can shut down the dumbgeon and be done with those morons.  Besides someone has to put Buffalo in their place, their can be only one true Bull team in I-A

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  1,261

Brett is making an ASSupmtion.  No one at USF told him the series would not be extended.  He's just trying to add fuel to the fire this week along with bulletin board material for UCF.

Until someone from USF comments there isn't any reason to believe anything, one way or the other.

Just because you are in discussions with 3 teams doesn't mean you'll sign them all.

There are a number of things to look at.  2 for 1's.  7 home games.  Total revenue dollars.  Projected profitability.  None of which are analyzed by Brett.

Brett does use some quotes that lead you to believe the sereis is in danger.  But he hasn't provided a quote from USF saying it wasn't going to continue.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,749
  • Content Count:  37,659
  • Days Won:  29

Agree that some are worried about nothing as far as I am concerned ... 2007-2009 schedules are "complete" - only missing the 1AA team ... maybe these teams will replace the 1AA games if we are talking to them.

Go BULLS !!!

TBD UCF

Sept. 15 at Auburn

Sept. 22 North Carolina

Sept. 29 at FAU

Home (dates TBD)

Cincinnati

Louisville

West Virginia

Away (dates TBD)

at Connecticut

at Pittsburgh

at Rutgers

at Syracuse  

TBD at UCF

Sept. 13 Kansas

Sept. 20 at Fla. International

Sept. 27 at N.C. State

Sept.  5  Wofford

Sept. 19 Fla. International

Sept. 26 Miami

Oct.  9 at Indiana

• Topic Count:  502
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

Am I the only person who thinks we should add another conference game for the 12th game?... come on.... one home game against Syracuse and one away came against Syracuse.  :D