• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Three Starters Facing Suspensions

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

This board broke this story before the press did.  And there were those bashing people breaking this story when they were in fact correct.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  5,410
  • Days Won:  10

I'll tell you what is stupid.  Someone told them that if they play football for them and stay away from drugs, they will have their schooling paid for and get to showcase their talents to NFL scouts.  The stupid part is risking all of that for a buzz.  Let them pay for their own schooling now.  Some things are more important than football.  Sounds like these kids need to learn the hard way.  Too bad.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  997
  • Days Won:  1

Policy is too soft. They know they can screw up at least twice. Zero tolerance.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

I have a feeling this is the reason Johnnie Payton no longer plays for us...but it's just a feeling.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,788
  • Days Won:  3

You gotta understand...these are student athletes, and as such - realized long, long ago, that all they have to do is say "I'm sorry, I made a mistake" and someone will pull their nuts out of the fire. It's gone on so long, they're numb to it. Not sorry I lit up...sorry I got caught.

Unfortunately, these guys have a wee bit more .... responsibility ... attached to their college experience than other students. Dumbness on their part is much more expensive.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I said it when C4 was caught and I will say it now.

These guys are kids and you can give them HUNDREDS of warnings and they will still do what they want. SOme of you might (and should) view this as stupid on their part, and most the student athletes will realize this later in life...but right now, it's just having fun to them, and nothing is going to stop them from doing it.

These same guys sacrifice many hours playing football (yes there is a point where you do get tired of it sometimes), doing school work (many trying to maintain their gradees), and practicing more. In many cases they don't get to go hang out on the Friday nights during the Fall, they spend their Saturday's being iced up from bumps and brusies.

Your talking about kids that have been pampered and given everything they want in life. They are the kids that many of you praise on a daily basis, getting them to sign their banners and take pictures with them. They think that no matter what they do football will always be there for them. Why should they believe a drug that won't even give them jail time will destroy their football careers?

There will always be drug and alcohol problems in college sports and kids will always get caught no matter how much a university tries. I think part running any intercollegiate athletic program is dealing with this on a day to day basis. In any sport at any level (D-I thru D-III), it happens at all levels.

What you don't want to do is turn your back on these kids. You throw away their football scholarship, you're also chancing a situation where you throw away their lives by taking away the possibility of a college degree. These are kids that coaches have grown into a relationship with and care for in many situations.

Suspend them yes, dump them, no.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

what drug was involved? pot, steroids or what

ponton suprised a little he was to be the man! this could hurt us but MP may be better and the back ups should be ok.

josh julmist with your bro being the QB and leader sad and beyond dumbass. his loss will hurt the Dline depth he was to be a starter or play heavy min.

chambers  we are stacked at WR but punt return may hurt some, he should have been a leader and this is just sad

that said these guy's were important but not vital.

i hope they get the FULL punishment and spend a long time in JL doghouse. this kind of stuff sucks for usf and the fans, and they should be held to account.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

This board broke this story before the press did.  And there were those bashing people breaking this story when they were in fact correct.

Right or wrong, this shows how powerful the message board can be in a good or bad way. The press might not have "broke" the story because they probably wanted more facts than something posted on here from someone sitting in front of a computer.

If this is the second offense for these guys, then they should be strictly punished. 2 or 6 games doesn't quite cut it. I guess the only silver lining to this is that it gives someone else a chance to step in and produce. I am looking forward to seeing Plancher and what he can do. We're deep at WR, so someone else will step up. Someone else on the DL will have to come in and produce.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

What a true dissapointment. It is getting a little rediculous of what these "atheletes" are doing. They not only let down the team, the fans, and the coaches, but they let down themselves. I guess smokin the rope is more important than the word "team" to these guys. I say, cut them loose and give a deserving and dedicated kid a chance and a scholie. Let these guys play for Ganja U. I am all for giving a kid a chance at righting a mistake, but 2 or 3 times is pushing the limit of personal stupidity on their part.    Reaper

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  29

It's about time to STAMPEDE the Athletics Office and demand some changes.  This is ridiculous.