• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hill's QB Days Over at USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,433
  • Days Won:  0

I think you guys are wrong.  As a parent of a child about the same age....things happen.  Kids make mistakes...some are worse than others....in light of the world, this particular offense is not so bad.  You've got to give kids a chance to make mistakes....this one was just stupid but the test of character is what happens from here.   Unless he's a person whose behavior is detrimental to the team, I say you work with him from here with some very stern conversation and setting the future to be the crossroads.  If there's a problem, you take the program to the right and tell him to go left.

All that said....I have trouble understanding how a college athlete (I was one also back in the day) can feel ok with this sort of activity but it does happen all the time.  I guess I was the only strange one.... ???

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

^ i don't think he should be kicked off the team but knowing he wants to play QB I think he will transfer so he can have a shot at playing QB.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I think you guys are wrong.  As a parent of a child about the same age....things happen.  Kids make mistakes...some are worse than others....in light of the world, this particular offense is not so bad.  You've got to give kids a chance to make mistakes....this one was just stupid but the test of character is what happens from here.   Unless he's a person whose behavior is detrimental to the team, I say you work with him from here with some very stern conversation and setting the future to be the crossroads.  If there's a problem, you take the program to the right and tell him to go left.

All that said....I have trouble understanding how a college athlete (I was one also back in the day) can feel ok with this sort of activity but it does happen all the time.  I guess I was the only strange one.... ???

I was with you on this, I think a 2-3 game suspension was all that was really needed. However, I trust that the decision that will be made is for the best.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

This is retarded... and Leavitt is retarded if he moves Hill to wide receiver instead of letting him compete against PJ and Matt.

It makes you wonder if Leavitt is the one smoking weed...

And by the way... many great players have smoked weed, been busted, and stayed at their respective position and achieved greatness (Dan Marino, Randy Moss, Michael Irving, Ricky Williams)...

As bad as our QB play has been... we need everyone out there fighting for the top spot.

Kids in college screw up... its funny they only mention the athletes from the group that got busted...

Keep Hill at QB and let Matt and PJ beat him for the spot.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Hill will catch less than 10 balls at WR and transfer.  What a waste.  

If that happens, so be it... it is a waste on his part, not ours.

• Topic Count:  617
  • Content Count:  4,879

And by the way... many great players have smoked weed, been busted, and stayed at their respective position and achieved greatness (Dan Marino, Randy Moss, Michael Irving, Ricky Williams)...

This is a perfect example of the moral relativism that is often expoused on this board and it is our society's acceptance of such that is the underlying cause of Hill's choices.  He likely comes from a 'hood in which weed is 'child's play'.

A bunch of white suburbanites have no idea what it is like to grow up in a culture in which over half of the homes have no father present.  What do you expect when rap stars are the role models?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Dan Marino, Randy Moss, Michael Irving, Ricky Williams

Oh, that's good company...   ::)

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

White people smoke weed too... Dan Marino... Did you not see that SRQ? I don't smoke weed, but I think we should legalize it so we can tax the **** out of the pot heads and take one less drug off the street.

• Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

Hmmm this kids crime is right up there with him drinking a beer before he turned 21; neither are felonies.  I dont agree with his actions or his choices but get off the high horse. I can tell you right now, if you go to any private school in this country you will find many white Privileged kids who grew up with both parents and went to church all their lives hanging out smoking pot.  

Its not a moral issue, its a legal issue. People smoked pot for many many years, it was neither illegal nor immoral.

This is a perfect example of the moral relativism that is often expoused on this board and it is our society's acceptance of such that is the underlying cause of Hill's choices.  He likely comes from a 'hood in which weed is 'child's play'.

A bunch of white suburbanites have no idea what it is like to grow up in a culture in which over half of the homes have no father present.  What do you expect when rap stars are the role models?

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  15

Yes, your post was intended as a flame.

Hill's "strike one" occurred when he was still in HS. The "strike two" is pretty serious, but smoking pot occurs on every team in the country. The coaching staff, if not the university, will take appropriate action. I find it a bit of an insult that you say these things are "tolerated".

The bright spot to this is that the truest QB we have, Matt Grothe, will be ready to go this summer.

Honestly, I do not like USF one bit, but this wasn't a flame.  I have heard more of these kind of stories regarding USF in the past two years than all other Florida schools.

Just giving an outsider's perspective.  There has got to be a point where some of the boosters and/or administration start to express frustration over this.  USF football will not meet its goals if these types of events continue to occur.