• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hey Sheriff, time to eat some crow

Guest Toolio
Where did you do your research?  I do mine at cfbdatawarehouse.

Mostly. Though I think I found a list of AP final rankings and used that in this instance so that I could get a standard comparison across the board.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  81
  • Content Count:  2,239
  • Days Won:  0

Ok, I'll get you something tomorrow(regardless of whether I'm right or wrong).  I have a test tonight.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  2

I'm sure you'll get no such satisfaction from The Sheriff.

This is a man who couldn't even admit that UF's athletic department was better than USF's without a court order.

;D

What the hell!?  I remember The Sheriff getting into a little trouble with a college prank a few years back.  I figured he would get a suspended sentence or something and merely not be allowed back there.  If they really made him say something like that to stay of trouble, that  makes Gainesville look silly.

Guest toolio
Ok, I'll get you something tomorrow(regardless of whether I'm right or wrong).  I have a test tonight.

No problem. I know it's a time consuming thing.

Guest toolio

What the hell!?  I remember The Sheriff getting into a little trouble with a college prank a few years back.  I figured he would get a suspended sentence or something and merely not be allowed back there.  If they really made him say something like that to stay of trouble, that  makes Gainesville look silly.

I believe that was in lieu of paying for all of the damages.

Stuff like this reminds me of "The Outsiders".

With about every rich guy in the state sending buckets, hell truckloads of money to Gainesville its no wonder they usually win in most sports.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

Gator, I am more of a purist I guess. I understand your point and it does merit credence. My take is I wish the NCAA tourney would break it down to Top majors (best 10 in country), Mid majors, and small D1's. THEN, play the winners for the title. May be a pipedream, but I think it may be exciting. As far as USF attaining the level as described, who the heck knows. Maybe someday. But like any school, they have to earn it.   Also, I think the BCS for football still sucks. I guess it's all a money thing there. It does need reform however.   Reaper

Guest Toolio

Dawg,

I went ahead and did FSU and Miami's schedule for the 1990-2005 timeframe for comparison. Who else would we want to add? A Big 10 school? A Big 12? ...for more comparison?

Florida

45 - Top 10 opponents

21 - Opponents ranked 11-15

20 - Opponents ranked 16-25

86 Total Ranked Opponents

FSU

35 - Top 10 opponents

18 - Opponents ranked 11-15

25 - Opponents ranked 16-25

78 Total Ranked Opponents

Miami

32 - Top 10 opponents

12 - Opponents ranked 11-15

22 - Opponents ranked 16-25

64 Total Ranked Opponents

Hope I didn't pick any schools that you were also doing the work on... but if so, then you can at least confirm or correct my figures.

• Topic Count:  81
  • Content Count:  2,239

My figures were a little different(before an error came and erased them all).

I used the final AP poll of the year to determine whether a team was "ranked" or not.  I used Florida, Florida State, Ohio State and Michigan.

Michigan and Ohio State were nearly identical with FSU slightly ahead and UF slightly ahead of that.  What I found to be interesting were the OOC road games.

Not including UF traveling to FSU or Miami and FSU playing at UF or Miami(before the conference change), between 1990-2005, UF traveled only to Syracuse.  

Florida State traveled to Tulane, Michigan, Notre Dame, USC, Louisville, and Syracuse.  

Michigan traveled to Notre Dame, Boston College, Colorado, Hawaii, Syracuse, UCLA, Washington, and Oregon.

Ohio State traveled to Boston College, Syracuse, Pittsburgh, Washington, Notre Dame, Missouri, West Virginia, Arizona, UCLA, and North Carolina State.