• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hey Sheriff, time to eat some crow

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078
  • Days Won:  0

dawgpound, your argument is asinine.  Why would UF schedule major out of state OOC games when they not only have FSU and Miami in state, they have to play the toughest schedule of any conference in the country, and make several million dollars for every home game?  There is a reason they are one of the top grossing athletic departments in the country.  Now, if you want to get on them for scheduling FAMU, Ball State, etc I am all for it, but thats a different argument

Your beloved OSU plays Texas out of state, big deal.  They dont have anyone in state to play.  And I am sure there was quite a bit of cash thrown around on that deal that made it worthwhile for them.  

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Dawg, are you rewally an OSU and UCF fan? Man it doesn't get worse.

You rip into scheduling when in 2002 (their national championship year) and 2003 OSU had 8 home games plus a date in Cincinnati in 2002...thats NINE in the state of Ohio in 2002...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,581
  • Days Won:  29

ET,

In the past you have responded to anyone who has disagreed with The Sheriff by saying "Go F yourself" or something along those lines.  At least that's the impression you gave.  If I misjudged you by posting what I said I apologize.

That is fair enough ... looking forward to our game in 2008.

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  81
  • Content Count:  2,239

DawgPound,

Nope. The SEC was set to invite FSU for the 1992 expansion. Bowden blocked the deal saying the schedule would be too difficult and he would only join if he could control who he played in conference.

As for comparing schedules. I notice you only want to look at OOC schedules.

Why is that? Is it because it would ruin your argument?

Why OOC games?  Because those are the ones the school can control.  A school doesn't 100% decide who they play in-conference.

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  737

Sheriff, I'd love to hear some details about "operation sleeping gator"...

Guest Toolio

Why OOC games?  Because those are the ones the school can control.  A school doesn't 100% decide who they play in-conference.

Yes. But some programs are members of strong conferences and play good opponents, while others are in weak conferences with weak opponents.

Look at the entire body of a schedule if you want to compare schedule difficulty. It's common sense.

Dawg, are you rewally an OSU and UCF fan? Man it doesn't get worse.

You rip into scheduling when in 2002 (their national championship year) and 2003 OSU had 8 home games plus a date in Cincinnati in 2002...thats NINE in the state of Ohio in 2002...

Yeah, cause we really love Florida fans here.  You know, those guys who think they are gods of football when they have 1 national title, 6 conference titles, are 29th in wins and 19th in win percentage.  Nice numbers, but nothing in competition with the OSUs, Michigans and USCs.

My point is that they do leave the state for OOC games at some point.  I like seeing these big time out of region games.  You know, ones that get major hype outside of the state and people talking about how that's on of the biggest OOC games in recent years.

Yes. But some programs are members of strong conferences and play good opponents, while others are in weak conferences with weak opponents.

Look at the entire body of a schedule if you want to compare schedule difficulty. It's common sense.

Ok, so 2/3 of the PAC-10 are mediocre to bad and the Big XII North has been a joke for the last few years.  Yes, the ACC is overrated in overall product, but the SEC is still loaded with duds just like every other conferece.

Guest Toolio

Ok, so 2/3 of the PAC-10 are mediocre to bad and the Big XII North has been a joke for the last few years.  Yes, the ACC is overrated in overall product, but the SEC is still loaded with duds just like every other conferece.

So lets compare entire schedules? The duds will come out one way or another.

Awhile back, I did some research on Florida's schedule. Here's what I have in my notes for their schedule from 1990 to 2005:

45 games vs. top 10 opponents

21 games vs. 11-15 ranked opponents

20 games vs. 16-25 ranked opponents

86 total games vs. ranked opponents

How does that compare to other powerhouses?

Where did you do your research?  I do mine at cfbdatawarehouse.