• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hey Sheriff, time to eat some crow

Guest Toolio
Florida State plays Florida every year and played Miami OOC before they joined the ACC, yet they still traveled to play other schools out of state.

Let's go over this again, step by step.

1) FSU plays more out of state/out of conference games than UF.

2) FSU STILL plays a weaker schedule.

So, why again, does Florida need to add better teams to the schedule?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,608
  • Days Won:  424

Not consistently, no. But take a look at the new 12 game schedules that schools are putting out. UF will be play 6-7 home games each year... many other powerhouses will be playing 7-8 home games per year.

I took a look at UF's schedule for 2006, and I think 4 of UF's opponents are playing 8 home games in 2006.

It's much more common than you think with this new 12 game schedule.

But how many of them will play an "Away" game within 45 min of their campus with at least 40K of their fans in the stands every year? Seriously, stop with this poor mouthing about your dearth of "Home" games compared to other big schools ........

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  81
  • Content Count:  2,239
  • Days Won:  0

But how many of them will play an "Away" game within 45 min of their campus with at least 40K of their fans in the stands every year? Seriously, stop with this poor mouthing about your dearth of "Home" games compared to other big schools ........

This guy won't quit, Trip.  His "facts" emphasize the number of top 25 games but try and avoid the number of crap teams they play.  Seeing how UF plays so many higher ranked teams, you'd think their schedules would rank higher in comparison to others.  Even with FSU, their OOC schedule sucks.  I guess UF is too scared to play any top 25 teams away from their cozy crib.  If Tennessee(Notre Dame and more) and Alabama(Oklahoma and more), two of their toughest conference mates can do it in the last 15 years, why can't Florida?  Don't try to sell that playing Notre Dame at a neutral field (in Florida) counts.  If you want to bring them in, go to South Bend and play them.

Let's see another weak spin job, Gator.

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

what are you even arguing now? you both seem to be going in circles

My point has always remained the same, RT:  Florida should play an OOC game out of state.  He's tried to use almost every excuse in the book to back why they haven't.  However, even their conference mates, who have just as tough of a schedule still manage to be able to do it, including your school.

It's kinda weak when you(Florida in this case) run around claiming to be top notch elite when you play the same teams year in and year out(FSU, SEC and a few mid majors they dish a lot of money to and don't go outside of that bubble to back that statement.

Guest Toolio

I love how Dawg wants to give Florida's "conference mates" credit for playing OOC games out of state... but because Florida plays FSU every year and that game is in-state. It doesn't count.

It's just the most ridiculous set of double standards I've ever seen.

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

UGA plays GT every year, is that bad?

UT plays Memphis, most of the time

USC plays Clemson

Think Bama and UAB played some

If other SEC teams had really good competition in state, they would not have to leave the state either.  But I do not see UT scheduling MTSU every year for an intrastate rivalry... or UGA scheduling Valdosta St, etc

And the same teams that UF plays every year are the best teams in the country.  So, the schedule Ball St. , MTSU, WYoming, etc at home each year... big deal, it is a smart business decision.  No team in the country could guarantee a pay day for UF to travel that UF could receive by playing a home game against the school of the blind.  

Bama won't play UAB like Ole Miss and Miss State won't play USM.

Auburn and Alabama plays yet Bama went to Oklahoma.

The real double standard is Florida claiming to be soooooo good when they won't play the rest of the best.  UT, FSU and UGA every year is ok, but there are plenty of teams that are as good, if not better(seeing how those 3 have had off years at times).  I guess if you're happy playing the same 3 good schools, a good conference foe here and there and the various gimme games, then to each their own.  Just don't claim to be elite unless you are willing to play them.  Playing FSU every year doesn't prove anything other than playing the same team over and over and over again.  Go have a home and home with USC or Notre Dame or something.

Guest Toolio

Dawg seems to be forgetting that UF plays UGA, FSU, UT, and LSU every year.... and rotates in Auburn, Bama, and Miami.

Yes. Not every team is great every year.

But so far it's meant that UF has played more ranked teams than other powerhouses.

So far, all you are arguing is "hypotheticals" like "what if UF's opponents aren't good. But the problem is, UF's opponents are in fact very good.

It's just not a difficult concept to understand.

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

UF is just gay.