• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hey Sheriff, time to eat some crow

Guest Toolio

That's pretty much the conclusion that most Florida fans end up with.

UF already plays a tougher schedule than most programs. To add another road game would be ridiculous. We're already in a negative position considering the system we have rewards perfection, regardless of who you play.

And those years where we can add a road game (years with 14 weeks to play 12), the internal pressure is to add Miami as opposed to some other out of state power.

So we have Miami on the 2008, 2012 and 2013 schedule (I think those are the year).

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  81
  • Content Count:  2,239
  • Days Won:  0

I'm sure the UF powers that be could bring in 2 patsies, play FSU and travel to some other school one year.

It's cool that they are going to play Notre Dame in a neutral site(which I think is to keep them from having to travel, but that's just me).

Guest toolio
I'm sure the UF powers that be could bring in 2 patsies, play FSU and travel to some other school one year.

They are... Miami

Exactly, some in-state school.

Guest toolio
Exactly, some in-state school.

LOL

I just can't believe you think it's a bad thing that Florida plays one of the toughest schedules in the country and adds in Miami when it has an opportunity to do so.

I just want them to travel to a OOC game out of the state more than once in 15 years, even if against an easier opponent.  Florida State managed to travel to many places for tough games even though they played Miami and Florida OOC.

Miami plays at Louisville, Ohio State plays at Texas, Louisville plays at Kansas State and even traveling to play lowly MTSU.  Pitt travels to UCF.  Colorado goes to Georgia, Nebraska at USC and Big XII favorite Oklahoma plays at Oregon.  Oklahoma State plays at little Arkansas State.

Why can't big bad Florida even play a little guy away from home?  They have 7 home games this year(4 SEC and 3 OOC).  If they only need 6, what's the excuse?

Guest toolio

Florida plays Georgia in Jax every year.

That tradition isn't going to end.

Florida plays FSU every year.

That tradition isn't going to end.

Florida may be playing 7 home games this year... but FSU is playing 8.

We'll always be at a competitive disadvantage playing less home games than many major programs.

Of course that won't stop people from demanding that we play even more ranked teams... go figure.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,569
  • Days Won:  423

Florida may be playing 7 home games this year... but FSU is playing 8.

We'll always be at a competitive disadvantage playing less home games than many major programs.

Cut the crap. You don't play less home games than hardly any major programs. Very few play 8 home games consistently and anyway, you should count UGA as a home game every year which gives you 8 for this year, too ........

Well, technically, one team of the UF/UGA game counts it as a home game as far as scheduling goes.  This year, UF is the away team, so they still have 4 SEC games at home.

I like how toolio tried to diss FSU for an 8 home game season.  While I hate the Noles, they have made much more of an effort than UF to travel to out of state schools.  UM at least earns a couple of points by traveling out of state more but also traveling to play the little in-state guys(UCF, USF).  I don't see FSU or UF doing that.

toolio, admit it, Florida is just downright greedy.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,592
  • Days Won:  29

Sheriff, I'd love to hear some details about "operation sleeping gator"...

Think part of it can be read on the Hall of Fame Board:

http://www.thebullspen.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=newhof