• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

QB Hill, #1 going into the Spring

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,815
  • Days Won:  22

You cant please some people. They rail that PJ is the starter and that Leavitt wont make a change and when it happens they rail at somethingelse.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

You cant please some people. They rail that PJ is the starter and that Leavitt wont make a change and when it happens they rail at somethingelse.

Message board = place to bicker, rail, complain for the sake of bickering, railing and complaining.  You are right though.  99.98% of the Bull Nation wanted PJ at the No. 2 or No. 3 TE and then when Brent does the story...oh heck you get the point.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Sweet...Anyone but PJ.

Hope we run some options with Hill. We have so much speed, why are we running this 5 wide b.s. all the time?

We tried that some last year and our Oline couldn't hold. The Spread Option requires the oline to check up to their own blocks. Thus the reason why a school like WVU runs it so well and a school like Missouri would have problems running it one game and look brilliant in the next.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Hill being #1 shouldn't affect Lewis... They didn't say Hill was guaranteed anything except that he is the leader and rightfully so.  If Lewis thinks he should be the leader GOING INTO spring drills, while i'd like the cockiness, it just isn't realistic for him.

If he wants to start his freshman year, he has to earn it, no matter where he goes.

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

we have bad coaches so at the end of the day it wont matter

leavitt is also a guy that says what is convenient.he has no credibility.

hill will be the starter until first bad series in the first game and than he will be pulled

make no mistake about it. i am pleased if it happens but i also realize thaT HILL WILL not get the coaching he needs to develop

i imagine recruits and high school coaches have told leavitt pj must go.the timing of this is all to obvious.and yes I said  if pj remained at qb next year it would kill our recruiting.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,911

in other news, rod smith was at the women's basketball game last night. i was kind of hoping he'd be looking for a new job or something in that time.

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

the change at QB is going to give him one more chance at OC

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  1,261

It's much easier on the mind knowing that you could become the starter after 1 year of redshirt when a senior starter graduates versus knowing you may have to wait an additional 2 years after your redshirt.

Don't kid yourself if you think kids don't pay attention to depth charts and the classification of the starters.  It may not matter at the UF's of the world but it does at the middle tier BCS and below schools.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,592
  • Days Won:  29

We tried that some last year and our Oline couldn't hold. The Spread Option requires the oline to check up to their own blocks.

Expecting our Offense to be tweeked a bit like WVU's ... we have the Spring and Fall to get it better.

Agree that Smith will stay at OC. I'm over that discussion and hope others that have been complaining are also ...

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480

Somebody teach him how to hold a football.

Yeah right! LMAO!!

No announcement of changes in those that do the teaching so don't expect any miraculous change in how the kids are taught.