• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

QB Hill, #1 going into the Spring

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,592
  • Days Won:  29

But our current depth chart shows an unproven True SO at QB ... how would that make a kid go somewhere else ?

After a RS, he'd be up against a JR ... and am sure they realize that the following year another Top Prep QB could be coming in.

I just don't see ANY harm in this "announcement".

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  387
  • Days Won:  0

The second part of the article was equally optimistic!

HOWARD BACK HOME: Watching the men's basketball team's 50-47 loss at Georgetown on Tuesday was especially tough for freshman PG Chris Howard, who is out all season with a torn ACL.

Howard grew up in Fort Washington, Md., about 15 minutes from Washington, D.C.

"This was one of the games I had circled on the calendar," said Howard, who had about 20 family members and friends at the MCI Center. "I knew the fans would be tough on me, but I wanted to be able to play in front of my mom."

Howard - and the Bulls - got some good news before Tuesday's game. For the first time since his injury, Howard was allowed to jog. Howard said his rehabilitation is going well and he'll be ready to play next season.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

This makes me think Slaton/White type offense from WV.  Just hope our offensive line is up to the task.

Guest rueben_horowitz

We tried that some last year and our Oline couldn't hold. The Spread Option requires the oline to check up to their own blocks. Thus the reason why a school like WVU runs it so well and a school like Missouri would have problems running it one game and look brilliant in the next.

I wasn't implying that we should run a spread option.

With all our speed and the general level of talent among most of our competition, we could run all sorts of options. I agree though, your o-line needs to be smart enough to make reads, and the playbook gets huge.

Just a thought...

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

But our current depth chart shows an unproven True SO at QB ... how would that make a kid go somewhere else ?

After a RS, he'd be up against a JR ... and am sure they realize that the following year another Top Prep QB could be coming in.

I just don't see ANY harm in this "announcement".

Either do I but some people just look for any reason to be negitive

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

it doesn't matter what offense we run or players we have as long as same poor coaches and poor decision makers are running the show

you guys forget uconn game so easily

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

how long are you going to ***** about the coaches

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Bestiebull are you smazza's brother........... all the negitive vibes....... not needed we asked for a QB change and we got one lets try to be positive

The past 3 QB's have floundered in this system.  Instead of namecalling, please tell me why Hill should be any different?  

As far as "most other college programs running the spread" huh?!  Link?  The other programs that run the spread have the PERSONNELL to run it. WE DONT.   Maybe you should go run our offense.  Sounds like you and RS are thinking along the same lines.  

Yeah right! LMAO!!

No announcement of changes in those that do the teaching so don't expect any miraculous change in how the kids are taught.

Exactly.  So why should Hill excel?  Noone's going to teach him how or put him in a position to do so.  But don't be realistic on this board.   We changed our Qb to an unproven Sophomore who was HORRIBLE in his brief stint last season so everything is hunky-dory.    ::)

???

So we just drop this QB position ?

::)

Riiiiggght.  'Cuz so much changed when Denson was announced as starter.   ::)