• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rescinding the Transfer

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  770
  • Days Won:  2

Per transfer rules, any of our players that entered the portal can rescind their transfer and return to our squad. There would need to be mutual agreement. Therefore, it is possible that the school and the player discussed and agreed that the player could enter the portal to see what offers he got. If he is not happy with the offers, he would return. If the school has had such an agreement with any of our players, it is possible that some may return. Just saying.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  2,521
  • Days Won:  3

8 minutes ago, panchosanchez99 said:

Per transfer rules, any of our players that entered the portal can rescind their transfer and return to our squad. There would need to be mutual agreement. Therefore, it is possible that the school and the player discussed and agreed that the player could enter the portal to see what offers he got. If he is not happy with the offers, he would return. If the school has had such an agreement with any of our players, it is possible that some may return. Just saying.

I mean, the players leaving from our team will probably find a landing place that isn’t USF.

If they do, that’s fine. This season was such a gift, even if it is for that one moment in time.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,344
  • Days Won:  5

55 minutes ago, panchosanchez99 said:

This is a good post. Coach wouldn’t just let them leave without a conversation. It is his ass in a sling I’m sure he wants to protect it too. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,489
  • Days Won:  0

5 minutes ago, jchem1995 said:

This is a good post. Coach wouldn’t just let them leave without a conversation. It is his ass in a sling I’m sure he wants to protect it too. 

and one of his job's is to prepare them for the next level.  I really don't see coach holding a player back or trying to talk him out of a better opportunity.

Anyone knows if USF could counter with a better NIL offer?

• Topic Count:  357
  • Content Count:  4,113
  • Days Won:  56

They're gone . . . 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,569
  • Days Won:  423

1 hour ago, panchosanchez99 said:

It is definitely possible ..... but the portal's been open 3 1/2 weeks and that probably would have made sense earlier. I'm guessing they've been mulling over offers and announced when they've narrowed it down or decided.

• Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,407

Or is it possible they needed to submit by the Thursday deadline, just in case CAAR leaves then they could follow?  Otherwise they can come back and we are all happy

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

It is definitely possible ..... but the portal's been open 3 1/2 weeks and that probably would have made sense earlier. I'm guessing they've been mulling over offers and announced when they've narrowed it down or decided.

Transfer rules do not allow players to talk to schools prior to entering the portal. So, I believe they need to enter the portal for coaches from other schools to speak with them.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354

18 minutes ago, bcgruber said:

Or is it possible they needed to submit by the Thursday deadline, just in case CAAR leaves then they could follow?  Otherwise they can come back and we are all happy

I've wondered if there is more to this as well.  Seems odd that they wait until now to decide to jump ship.

• Upvote 1