• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rescinding the Transfer

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

1 minute ago, panchosanchez99 said:

Transfer rules do not allow players to talk to schools prior to entering the portal. So, I believe they need to enter the portal for coaches from other schools to speak with them.

Channing Tatum Lol GIF by SMALLFOOT Movie

• Haha 3

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,853
  • Days Won:  67

The whole thing sucks but not surprised or disappointed, I am still on board however there are no life boats left and the ship just split in half.  Kind of comical that they off loaded paying the players to the fans, the result will be less fans.  Eventually everyone has their limit, even die hards like myself reach it.  I understand the argument that the powers to be only care about the bottom dollar and they will be fine however I see this going down like boxing, it simply disappeared. I will not throw a hissy fit, or yearn for the past, best to simply leave and move onto something else to enjoy until someone decides to ***** that up.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,344
  • Days Won:  43

2 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

The whole thing sucks but not surprised or disappointed, I am still on board however there are no life boats left and the ship just split in half.  Kind of comical that they off loaded paying the players to the fans, the result will be less fans.  Eventually everyone has their limit, even die hards like myself reach it.  I understand the argument that the powers to be only care about the bottom dollar and they will be fine however I see this going down like boxing, it simply disappeared. I will not throw a hissy fit, or yearn for the past, best to simply leave and move onto something else to enjoy until someone decides to ***** that up.

Just move forward. I’m never going to stop being a USF fan so I don’t care if all the programs have nothing but a walk-ons. I’m still going to be here following USF athletics. Future is still bright despite the portal craziness. Go Bulls!!

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,375
  • Days Won:  25

9 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

Just move forward. I’m never going to stop being a USF fan so I don’t care if all the programs have nothing but a walk-ons. I’m still going to be here following USF athletics. Future is still bright despite the portal craziness. Go Bulls!!

Season 3 Episode 302 GIF by Rick and Morty

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

It is definitely possible ..... but the portal's been open 3 1/2 weeks and that probably would have made sense earlier. I'm guessing they've been mulling over offers and announced when they've narrowed it down or decided.

45 minutes ago, panchosanchez99 said:

Transfer rules do not allow players to talk to schools prior to entering the portal. So, I believe they need to enter the portal for coaches from other schools to speak with them.

I do understand that but also understand that rules don't mean a thing if nobody's enforcing them ...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  770
  • Days Won:  2

40 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

And on the positive side, I still think we have some good players with the ones remaining. For guards, we have Knox, Brown, Reid, and Jennings, which I think will be just as good as this year.

And we still have Walker and Stroud. I think the Reynolds get is huge. I am surprised he has not been playing more minutes at his other stops. I like his shooting percentages. For his career, he is 67% at FT, 55% FG, and 5-11 from deep. He has not shot from deep much, but it looks like he can hit them. He may produce better than Pryor did.

And I will take CAAR at his word when it comes to developing players. So, we may see a much improved Tobiloba.

So, I would be happy with a Knox, Reid/Jennings, Brown, Stroud, and Reynolds/Walker lineup. That group would be just as good as any 5 we put on the court this year. And who knows whom we could get from the portal. I think we are in good shape.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

4 minutes ago, panchosanchez99 said:

And on the positive side, I still think we have some good players with the ones remaining. For guards, we have Knox, Brown, Reid, and Jennings, which I think will be just as good as this year.

And we still have Walker and Stroud. I think the Reynolds get is huge. I am surprised he has not been playing more minutes at his other stops. I like his shooting percentages. For his career, he is 67% at FT, 55% FG, and 5-11 from deep. He has not shot from deep much, but it looks like he can hit them. He may produce better than Pryor did.

And I will take CAAR at his word when it comes to developing players. So, we may see a much improved Tobiloba.

So, I would be happy with a Knox, Reid/Jennings, Brown, Stroud, and Reynolds/Walker lineup. That group would be just as good as any 5 we put on the court this year. And who knows whom we could get from the portal. I think we are in good shape.

Probably a discussion best held when all the dust settles and we see who's actually here when the season starts ...... but do agree that even as it stands right now, we're not in that bad of shape.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,375
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

I do understand that but also understand that rules don't mean a thing if nobody's enforcing them ...

Courts have ruled  are making virtually impossible  to enforce  and regulate NIL. The free  covid year and extra transfer year you don't have to sit out should have disappeared like the covid 24/7 death count coverage on CNN in 2021. 

Edited by Outlaw
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  168
  • Days Won:  0

12 hours ago, panchosanchez99 said:

They way the players feel about the coach makes me wonder if all of these players would be leaving if the coach were staying.

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  170
  • Days Won:  0

Kasen Jennings according to CAAR is a dude.  

We do have a solid core to build around.  Reid, Jennings, Stroud, Walker, Knox, now throw in Reynolds and CJ Brown.  We have a lot of points to make up with CY, Miguel, and Pryor leaving for sure.  Let's see how the transfer portal plays out and our remaining roster fills out.  I do not believe Carter Knox will come here, but there are tons of players that can fill that scoring void, my biggest concern is the leadership.  CY held these guys together.