• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,341
  • Days Won:  5

Hope he loves where is is now versus walking into a frying pan. I mean USF has to be one of the best gigs in the land cause there ain’t no pressure here. Live in the sun, go to the beach, great pay and no pressure. Willie, as an example , would loved to have come back to us cause he knows. 

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  993
  • Days Won:  0

29 minutes ago, jchem1995 said:

Hope he loves where is is now versus walking into a frying pan. I mean USF has to be one of the best gigs in the land cause there ain’t no pressure here. Live in the sun, go to the beach, great pay and no pressure. Willie, as an example , would loved to have come back to us cause he knows. 

Where is the pressure?  The higher profile jobs pay you much more when you fail. 

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  664

1 hour ago, LongTimeWatcher said:

Frustrated Austin Powers GIF

• Haha 3

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  8

CAAR’s name is going to show up on a lot of these lists - some of it may be real, most of it will probably be journalist BS (because they have to report something)

I would be shocked if a big program seriously went after him after a single good year in the AAC

Plus, if he can string together three good years at USF, he can probably have his choice of jobs (this is assuming of course that he is looking to move up)

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,519
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, LongTimeWatcher said:

I guess I've really been out of touch with college hoops outside of USF in recent years. A year ago I'd have had no clue who any of those 3 were ...

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  10

51 minutes ago, jchem1995 said:

I think there is pressure at USF. If there is no pressure at USF to perform then we as a fanbase are not doing our job.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  13

It wouldn’t surprise me if CARR’s agent isn’t the source just as VPMK begins extension talks with him. It’s “encouragement” to make USF dig a little deeper.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  297

Pay the man. You finally have positive momentum for the men’s basketball program, Athletics, and the university. Now is not the time to balk. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,439
  • Days Won:  19

29 minutes ago, bowman1 said:

CAAR’s name is going to show up on a lot of these lists - some of it may be real, most of it will probably be journalist agent BS (because they have to report get paid for something)

Minor edit.

A lot of people wouldn't be doing their jobs if he wasn't considered and mentioned for the Louisville vacancy, among others.

There are a lot of reasons the USF job is attractive:  Location and lifestyle, no income tax, good facilities, winnable conference, etc.   In the end though, business is business.

Edited by SilverBull
  • Upvote 1