• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  775
  • Days Won:  2

58 minutes ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

Honest question - why do we recruit so many international players? Does CJF not have good recruiting ties domestically? 

Maybe he likes to travel internationally. If so, what better way to do it for free?

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,464
  • Days Won:  19

3 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Just hard to go against the big schools. Overseas kids know about him and our program and know they'll be accepted, not talking scholastics, here. He does recruit in the country as seen by the new FR coming in this year. And some of the internationals are transfers.

Also worth noting that this was an adaptation during his time here. Our first run of great teams was all domestic players (or mostly domestic). 

GOUSFBULLS.COM

The official 2005-06 Women's Basketball Roster for the University of South Florida Bulls

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,600
  • Days Won:  424

The GoUSFBulls.com article with the two mentioned earlier. Silva's first name is still under review ....

GOUSFBULLS.COM

South Florida women's basketball head coach Jose Fernandez announced the addition of incoming freshmen Raina Tomasicka and junior college transfer Jeniffer Silva. The...

On 4/20/2024 at 12:02 PM, Professor BullDawg said:

Yesterday on CJF’s X was an indication that he’s signed someone new.

No comments on that Tweet?? Or is that just his usual one when someone new has signed .....?

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  135
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

No comments on that Tweet?? Or is that just his usual one when someone new has signed .....?

It’s the checkmark ✅ that he’s been using to indicate a signing.Last year it was “loading …” 

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  222

12 hours ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

Honest question - why do we recruit so many international players? Does CJF not have good recruiting ties domestically? 

Others have explained CJF’s reasons.  I’d say that he’s been successful overall with this strategy. He’s won more games as a coach than I have. 

All that being said, I do wish he would consider trying to get local talent. A good example is  Diamond Battles, the 2022 AAC player of the year. She played high school ball  at Winter Haven High School, 49 miles away from the YC. Would have preferred that she played for us instead of Oviedo State…

A secondary benefit could be having more having more people attend the games to see local kids play.  While we have good attendance compared to most schools, there is plenty of room in the YC for more fans. 

Just my $.02.

Go Bulls

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Triple B said:

1 hour ago, Professor BullDawg said:

It’s the checkmark ✅ that he’s been using to indicate a signing.Last year it was “loading …” 

What about the video, though ... is that one standard? I see that and I'm thinking a pretty significant get.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

What about the video, though ... is that one standard? I see that and I'm thinking a pretty significant get.

First time I’ve seen the video with the ✅. I agree with you.

• Like 1

Former WBB player Priscilla Williams transfers from Oregon to Jacksonville. Her fourth school.