• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  135
  • Days Won:  0

Yesterday on CJF’s X was an indication that he’s signed someone new.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  775
  • Days Won:  2

Since I am guessing we need a solid big to go with Mputu, and that any more players added to the roster would probably be international players, I was wondering how many international bigs are still in the portal. One is 6'3" Canadian Milena Nenadic. She played at Maine and has 2 years left. Didn't see the floor much, which is surprising because tape on her from a few years ago looks very impressive. And I mean really, really impressive. And this clip in a Canadian all star game from 2 years ago. Probably a recruitment tape on your you tube channel. She looks a lot better than Caitlin Weimer from Boston U, who averaged 19, 10, and 3 blocks and is also not international.

• Content Count:  135
  • Days Won:  0

Nice. He wanted Emma to play with her back to the basket, so I would think he’s looking for someone to do that.

I like this 6'5" Russian as well. 60% FG% and 65% FT. I like that!

WWW.ESPN.COM

View the profile of Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders Center Iullia Grabovskaia on ESPN. Get the latest news, live stats and game highlights.

• Like 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

It will be interesting to see what starting lineup CJF will go with to start the season. Based on the current roster, I imagine Sammie and Mama will be in the lineup. I also think Mputu will be starting at center. That leaves 2 spots for 3 of last year's starters in Blasigh, Levy, and Brito. If it were my decision, I would probably go with Levy and Tomasicka, who is listed as a forward, interestingly. But I think we will see Brito starting again.

We will probably see a lot of minutes from many players because we will have a strong bench. Imagine bringing Blasigh and Thompson off the bench. We would not skip a beat or lose any talent with replacements at guard for at forward with Piper, Tomasicka, or Karamfilova. The only question mark when it comes to who comes off the bench would be at center. Mputu looks to be the only solid center at the moment. I also wonder what role Aarnio is going to have.

Regardless, I see a team that will be running it up the court and letting 3s fly like there is no tomorrow. Last year's squad ran it up the floor but couldn't score to save themselves. Not so this year.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 4/20/2024 at 12:43 PM, panchosanchez99 said:

Since I am guessing we need a solid big to go with Mputu, and that any more players added to the roster would probably be international players, I was wondering how many international bigs are still in the portal. One is 6'3" Canadian Milena Nenadic. She played at Maine and has 2 years left. Didn't see the floor much, which is surprising because tape on her from a few years ago looks very impressive. And I mean really, really impressive. And this clip in a Canadian all star game from 2 years ago. Probably a recruitment tape on your you tube channel. She looks a lot better than Caitlin Weimer from Boston U, who averaged 19, 10, and 3 blocks and is also not international.

@CousinRicky, does CJF know about this girl? I think you are tight with him, no? Send him text or something. Her game looks really impressive to me. And I was doing some more research on her and saw that she was not only the number 1 prospect out of Canada her senior year, but she was the No. 15 prospect in all of North America.

So how does someone this good end up at Maine? Could it be she wanted to stay close to home? Perhaps she wanted to stay close to her brother, who is on the men's team and played against us in our loss to Maine. Nevertheless, If we can get Amy Thompson to play for us, why not go after this player?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,686
  • Days Won:  108

9 hours ago, panchosanchez99 said:

@CousinRicky, does CJF know about this girl? I think you are tight with him, no? Send him text or something. Her game looks really impressive to me. And I was doing some more research on her and saw that she was not only the number 1 prospect out of Canada her senior year, but she was the No. 15 prospect in all of North America.

So how does someone this good end up at Maine? Could it be she wanted to stay close to home? Perhaps she wanted to stay close to her brother, who is on the men's team and played against us in our loss to Maine. Nevertheless, If we can get Amy Thompson to play for us, why not go after this player?

I wouldn't suggest anyone to him. I'm not near knowledgeable on this stuff. Wouldn't say we're tight. We text and talk occasionally but not to the point I would recommend anyone.

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,398
  • Days Won:  3

6 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

I wouldn't suggest anyone to him. I'm not near knowledgeable on this stuff. Wouldn't say we're tight. We text and talk occasionally but not to the point I would recommend anyone.

Smart man. Seems like a good way to land on the DND list.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  847
  • Days Won:  1

Honest question - why do we recruit so many international players? Does CJF not have good recruiting ties domestically? 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,686
  • Days Won:  108

54 minutes ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

Honest question - why do we recruit so many international players? Does CJF not have good recruiting ties domestically? 

Just hard to go against the big schools. Overseas kids know about him and our program and know they'll be accepted, not talking scholastics, here. He does recruit in the country as seen by the new FR coming in this year. And some of the internationals are transfers.

• Upvote 1