• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Any word on if an extension has been offered to CAAR?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,046
  • Days Won:  10

35 minutes ago, Brad said:

The players aren't coaches...?

The student-athletes are students, at USF (or other institutions) and there to learn enough to obtain a degree and have a chance to be something in their life.  Monetizing student-athletes and creating free agency is the exact opposite of what an educational institution should be doing.  It's not their domain.  It's been said a number of times.  If you want to get paid to play basketball, go play pro ball.  It's a lost cause now, but the NCAA and its member institutions would be far better off modeling integrity and not changing the game as a desperate attempt to have their own highly paid club teams each season.  I don't think this is the mission of a university.  How can any institution of higher learning put education behind pro sports on campus?

Oh, Loyalty, yeah.  Loyalty is to a team, to your teammates.  It's a lost art today.  Now everyone is in it for themselves and for that reason college basketball and football is tainted. 

Some will lose interest, others will ***** about not enough money to compete with the Top 10 teams.  Perhaps when there are fewer paid amateur opportunities around the nation for all our wanna be ballers, they'll let the adults back in the room.

But isn't that true for most of us. Haven't most of us in our life times changed jobs? Or left one girl for another?...

I hate how the NIL is affecting us this go around, but at the same time I understand these personal decisions these players made.

Edited by belgianbull

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

With no loyalty if he has a chance to improve his position, financially and/or otherwise. How is that different from what some of the players are doing?

I think you know that I believe coaches should have to fulfill their contract.  Unfortunately schools include, at the demand of an agent, a buyout clause through which the school is compensated.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

2 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

But isn't that true for most of us. Haven't most of us in our life times changed jobs? Or left one girl for another?...

It's not a job.

It's not even the real world.

My job didn't pay for my education...my girlfriends (a couple of them) did educate me however.  😉

2 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

I hate how the NIL is affecting us this go around, but a the same time I understand these personal decisions these players made.

It doesn't bother me "this time around" at all.  It bothers me in its existence.  It's not good for college sports.  Period.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

1 hour ago, Brad said:

The players aren't coaches...?

The student-athletes are students, at USF (or other institutions) and there to learn enough to obtain a degree and have a chance to be something in their life.  Monetizing student-athletes and creating free agency is the exact opposite of what an educational institution should be doing.  It's not their domain.  It's been said a number of times.  If you want to get paid to play basketball, go play pro ball.  It's a lost cause now, but the NCAA and its member institutions would be far better off modeling integrity and not changing the game as a desperate attempt to have their own highly paid club teams each season.  I don't think this is the mission of a university.  How can any institution of higher learning put education behind pro sports on campus?

Oh, Loyalty, yeah.  Loyalty is to a team, to your teammates.  It's a lost art today.  Now everyone is in it for themselves and for that reason college basketball and football is tainted. 

Some will lose interest, others will ***** about not enough money to compete with the Top 10 teams.  Perhaps when there are fewer paid amateur opportunities around the nation for all our wanna be ballers, they'll let the adults back in the room.

We are in complete agreement and that's who I'm mostly blaming, the "adults" who have ****** this all up and not as much the players taking advantage of the situation. I'd rather focus on the majority of players still here, whether by their own choice or not.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  137
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, Brad said:

Did he?  Was there mention of him having contact with other teams? 

Yes, he did.  Not saying it was serious talks but the article says he did.

IMG_3645.png

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

With no loyalty if he has a chance to improve his position, financially and/or otherwise. How is that different from what some of the players are doing?

35 minutes ago, Brad said:

I think you know that I believe coaches should have to fulfill their contract.  Unfortunately schools include, at the demand of an agent, a buyout clause through which the school is compensated.

I do know that but reality is a ***** at times ....

2 minutes ago, BigSteve said:

Yes, he did.  Not saying it was serious talks but the article says he did.

IMG_3645.png

Can you link the article?

Whether we agree or don’t agree on NIL, it’s here.  Buy tickets or don’t buy tickets.  Cheer for USF or whine all the time.  

I don’t like professional sports anymore.  I choose not to watch them.  If you don’t like the current state of college sports, don’t watch them.

I choose to buy tickets and cheer.  I won’t get dragged into the negativity on this board.

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Sent from my iPhone

12 minutes ago, Triple B said:

We are in complete agreement and that's who I'm mostly blaming, the "adults" who have ****** this all up and not as much the players taking advantage of the situation. I'd rather focus on the majority of players still here, whether by their own choice or not.

Thanks, I agree.