• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Miguel and Hines no 5th year?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,022
  • Days Won:  38

1 hour ago, flsportsfan83 said:

We could lose a bunch of guys if Coach decides to move on. Good potential problem to have though. 

Noooo wth

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

1 hour ago, panchosanchez99 said:

It has been mentioned a few times by some that we need to get some quality bigs. We have a 7-footer and another who is 6'10". If CAAR is true to his word about player development, we should not need anyone else if he can develop them to be effective players in his system. Maybe not by this fall, but perhaps by the fall of 2025.

maybe just maybe he realizes that it's better to trot out 4 guards who can shoot +40% from 3 out there with a stretch 5 that can hit them at +33%.

you don't need old school big men to win in modern basketball.

there is a reason why the nba doesn't want true bigs anymore.

maybe our coach is smart enough to realize this (seems to be working just fine this year)

maybe we should beg for tchewa back. after all he is averaging 7 points per game on 25 minutes. he can have some of pryor's minutes.

Edited by Bull94
  • Haha 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,471
  • Days Won:  13

15 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

maybe just maybe he realizes that it's better to trot out 4 guards who can shoot +40% from 3 out there with a stretch 5 that can hit them at +33%.

you don't need old school big men to win in modern basketball.

there is a reason why the nba doesn't want true bigs anymore.

maybe our coach is smart enough to realize this (seems to be working just fine this year)

maybe we should beg for tchewa back. after all he is averaging 7 points per game on 25 minutes. he can have some of pryor's minutes.

the one issue we have, is we consistently get beat on the boards. Need to get a few guys that can box out.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

25 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

the one issue we have, is we consistently get beat on the boards. Need to get a few guys that can box out.

we currently have the longest winning streak in the country.

we just won our first ever regular season conference championship and it wasn't even close.

I'm baffled that people think we need to change things.

Playing 4 guards who can shoot with a stretch 5 IS our system. of course it means we will get out rebounded consistently.

It's why we are winning. We shoot 3's and we stretch the floor. we defend the perimeter.

who cares if we get out rebounded. who cares if we give up more points in the paint than we get.we are WINNING.

BTW you have to find the minutes from somewhere if you want to give them up for guys who can box out.

should we give up pryor's minutes? maybe one of the guards?

Maybe Stroud should get some of youngblood's minutes? He's a much better rebounder.

I guess you could play walker and pryor at the same time. maybe give walker some of reid's minutes. or miguel's minutes

only a usf fan would think we aren't WINNING good enough

Edited by Bull94
  • Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,011
  • Days Won:  469

4 hours ago, flsportsfan83 said:

We could lose a bunch of guys if Coach decides to move on. Good potential problem to have though. 

Excuse Me What GIF by Bounce

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,568
  • Days Won:  423

3 hours ago, Cmr3 said:

The way Miguel was talking about coach and coach was talking about him I don’t see why he wouldn’t stay. that’s very odd though the team is having such a great year and he told coach he might be transferring already, kind of odd

Where was this?

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

@flsportsfan83 It's absolutely NOT a good problem to have. If CAAR left, it doesn't mean we can move on to an equal or better coach because we had a good season with this one. We found gold with this coach and these players, it doesn't happen that easily or that often for programs like ours. We have to keep it together and let it build and solidify the culture. If CAAR leaves, we potentially lose everything we had this season. Some guys may go with him, some guys who committed decide to go someplace else, and others transfer out. We are then at ground floor all over again and as we have seen in the past, we don't do well on the ground floor -- which is pretty much where USF basketball has been for over 40 years. I'll say it again, it's ABSOLUTELY NOT a good problem to have. It's a terrible, dreadful problem.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,471
  • Days Won:  13

1 minute ago, USFBulls12 said:

@flsportsfan83 It's absolutely NOT a good problem to have. If CAAR left, it doesn't mean we can move on to an equal or better coach because we had a good season with this one. We found gold with this coach and these players, it doesn't happen that easily or that often for programs like ours. We have to keep it together and let it build and solidify the culture. If CAAR leaves, we potentially lose everything we had this season. Some guys may go with him, some guys who committed decide to go someplace else, and others transfer out. We are then at ground floor all over again and as we have seen in the past, we don't do well on the ground floor -- which is pretty much where USF basketball has been for over 40 years. I'll say it again, it's ABSOLUTELY NOT a good problem to have. It's a terrible, dreadful problem.

I phrased that wrong. Coaches leaving on their own is a better problem to have than having to fire guys. I agree we liely take a huge step back if he leaves, which he will (if not this year, prob next if he continues his success) It is proven now though that you can win here. 

If we have to go through another coaching search, this job is much more attractive than it was 12 months ago. The program is in a better place now than it was the last time we needed to make a hire. 

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

1 minute ago, flsportsfan83 said:

I phrased that wrong. Coaches leaving on their own is a better problem to have than having to fire guys. I agree we liely take a huge step back if he leaves, which he will (if not this year, prob next if he continues his success) It is proven now though that you can win here. 

If we have to go through another coaching search, this job is much more attractive than it was 12 months ago. The program is in a better place now than it was the last time we needed to make a hire. 

Fair. I just hope we can lock down coaches who don't want to leave to chase the top schools, but want to make our programs into top school programs. If basketball and football have consistency over the next couple of seasons and win a few conference championships, the next level will be calling us ALL up in realignment just like they called up UCF. We'd be exactly where CAAR or CAG want to be and the money follows. I hope these guys absolutely love our school and Tampa and don't want to leave to go coach in some ****hole like Morgantown, WV or something like that.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

37 minutes ago, USFBulls12 said:

Fair. I just hope we can lock down coaches who don't want to leave to chase the top schools, but want to make our programs into top school programs. If basketball and football have consistency over the next couple of seasons and win a few conference championships, the next level will be calling us ALL up in realignment just like they called up UCF. We'd be exactly where CAAR or CAG want to be and the money follows. I hope these guys absolutely love our school and Tampa and don't want to leave to go coach in some ****hole like Morgantown, WV or something like that.

Hey hey hey hey, West Virginia is a great place to live (if you wanna get hooked on opioids)

• Haha 1