• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Miguel and Hines no 5th year?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,569
  • Days Won:  423

1 minute ago, BucsandBulls said:

I believe the answer is that both Hines and Miguel could stay for 1 more year, but are electing not to. 

That would make sense ....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  842
  • Days Won:  1

Would love for Selton to stay another year. Even Hines, wasn't a "full-time" player, but impactful when he was on the court. Looking forward to the conference tournament. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,028
  • Days Won:  10

14 minutes ago, BucsandBulls said:

I believe the answer is that both Hines and Miguel could stay for 1 more year, but are electing not to. 

If that's the case hopefully they change their minds. Perhaps find a way to get Miguel some NIL money.

This team is great this year but imagine next year with all these players coming back.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,904
  • Days Won:  2

I heard some talk on the radio that Miguel chose to participate in Senior Night activities, but that doesn't mean he is choosing to leave at the end of the season.  Have to see.  

• Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  770

It has been mentioned a few times by some that we need to get some quality bigs. We have a 7-footer and another who is 6'10". If CAAR is true to his word about player development, we should not need anyone else if he can develop them to be effective players in his system. Maybe not by this fall, but perhaps by the fall of 2025.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  361
  • Days Won:  1

The way Miguel was talking about coach and coach was talking about him I don’t see why he wouldn’t stay. that’s very odd though the team is having such a great year and he told coach he might be transferring already, kind of odd.Wouldn’t you want  to start talking about that when this run is over? Unless they already know Karter Knox is coming and if he is coming, karter will be starting thats for sure. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,634
  • Days Won:  6

41 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

I heard some talk on the radio that Miguel chose to participate in Senior Night activities, but that doesn't mean he is choosing to leave at the end of the season.  Have to see.  

Yeah I'm a bit confused.  If guys participated that may or may not be back next year, then what about Youngblood, Stroud and Jennings who are listed as seniors on the roster?  What if they bolt for more money next season.  Did they choose NOT to participate which is probably a good indication they'll be back?

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  19

I am guessing it goes something like this. 

Anyone done, 100% do senior day. (Placer)

Anyone coming back for certain, don't do senior day (Youngblood)

Anyone not sure, even if you lean towards coming back, do senior day, but it is player's choice (Hines, Selton)

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

13 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

Yeah I'm a bit confused.  If guys participated that may or may not be back next year, then what about Youngblood, Stroud and Jennings who are listed as seniors on the roster?  What if they bolt for more money next season.  Did they choose NOT to participate which is probably a good indication they'll be back?

Considering Youngblood, Stroud and Jennings followed CAAR here, I imagine they're not going anywhere unless he does

• Topic Count:  338
  • Content Count:  3,691

3 minutes ago, GoBulls84 said:

Considering Youngblood, Stroud and Jennings followed CAAR here, I imagine they're not going anywhere unless he does

Wouldn't they have to set out a year with new NCAA multiple transfer rule?  Or does that not apply with a coaching change?