• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Miguel and Hines no 5th year?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  361
  • Days Won:  1

I was watching the post conference interview after the game, Miguel was saying how he thought about his last games at USF and how it felt coming off the floor for the last time. I thought they had the Covid year? Hines is listed as a junior, so I’m confused. 

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, Cmr3 said:

I was watching the post conference interview after the game, Miguel was saying how he thought about his last games at USF and how it felt coming off the floor for the last time. I thought they had the Covid year? Hines is listed as a junior, so I’m confused. 

It looks like his first year was after the covid decision. So maybe we are finally seeing the end of the COVID years.   Miguel was 20-21 when the COVID year was 19-20.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,568
  • Days Won:  423

8 hours ago, Cmr3 said:

There's a disconnect somewhere ....

When the Bulls (21-5, 15-1 American Athletic Conference) take on the Tulane Green Wave (13-15, 4-12) on Tuesday night at the Yuengling Center, Placer will be the only USF senior who has exhausted his eligibility.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  842

Certainly looks like Selton is moving on. Looks like we have a spot open for Karter... 

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215

Not to expedite the offseason talk, but am I understanding this correctly that we only expect to lose 3 players this offseason - Selton, Placer and Hines? 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,471
  • Days Won:  13

3 minutes ago, IBulleve said:

Not to expedite the offseason talk, but am I understanding this correctly that we only expect to lose 3 players this offseason - Selton, Placer and Hines? 

We could lose a bunch of guys if Coach decides to move on. Good potential problem to have though. 

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215

1 minute ago, flsportsfan83 said:

We could lose a bunch of guys if Coach decides to move on. Good potential problem to have though. 

Appreciate the response, but I refuse to have that conversation right now lol

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,568
  • Days Won:  423

5 minutes ago, IBulleve said:

I thought we only expected to lose one, Placer, from what I've seen leading up to last night, but seeing Miguel's reaction when he went off for the last time, that may be wrong ...... although if we're still talking KK, they must have room for him.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  307

I believe the answer is that both Hines and Miguel could stay for 1 more year, but are electing not to.