• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This will be the toughest game of the season

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  170
  • Days Won:  0

I hope that the days off have helped these guys get rested and be ready to go to war.  With the #25 ranking going into Charlotte they are going to be more than ready for us.  I know the last 2.5 weeks all of the games have been a must win.  I heard it the other day that this team has forgotten how to lose games, and that makes them a problem.  Hopefully we continue to do what we do.  This is going to be a battle.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Charlotte is 11-1 at home on the season with the only loss coming back on November 29 against Davidson by 4. All of their 4 AAC losses have come on the road. I am truly worried about this game. Kiss an at-large possibility goodbye with a loss. I expect this game to be decided by 3 points either way. I should add that Charlotte is even more rested than USF, having last played on Saturday the 24th. 

Edited by BullyPulpit

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

19 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

Charlotte is 11-1 at home on the season with the only loss coming back on November 29 against Davidson by 4. All of their 4 AAC losses have come on the road. I am truly worried about this game. Kiss an at-large possibility goodbye with a loss. I expect this game to be decided by 3 points either way. I should add that Charlotte is even more rested than USF, having last played on Saturday the 24th. 

We'll be rested. They will be rusty. 😜

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,013
  • Days Won:  38

This is a BIG game.  It's the Bulls against the world, but it's all there for the taking.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,460
  • Days Won:  13

This is the type of game a NCAA Tourney team wins. Charlotte is not dancing unless the win the conference tourney. If we want any shot at an atlarge if we fail to win the tourney, we must win this game.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  170
  • Days Won:  0

I am just hoping they truly are not reading into the "must" mindset and are able to stay connected, humble and not press to hard. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,529
  • Days Won:  422

9 minutes ago, monktified said:

I am just hoping they truly are not reading into the "must" mindset and are able to stay connected, humble and not press to hard. 

To me, the whole "must win" thing is sometimes blown way out of proportion. There is only one true "must win" game for us to get to the NCAA's at this point and we may or may not get to it ....

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  360
  • Days Won:  1

We really need this game to help our net, but if I had to pick a game out of the next 3 to lose it would be this one. The other two games if we lose to Tulane or Tulsa, we’re for sure not getting a at large. 

If we win the next 3 games,  I think we are for sure a at large bid even if we lose in the American tournament. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,024
  • Days Won:  10

9 minutes ago, Triple B said:

To me, the whole "must win" thing is sometimes blown way out of proportion. There is only one true "must win" game for us to get to the NCAA's at this point and we may or may not get to it ....

I think since we are a bubble at large NCAAT team right now this is truly a must win game. Lose it and any hope of being an at large disappears.

I still firmly believe that if we win our 3 remaining regular season games that we are a probable at large team in case we don't win the tournament.

Ranked at large  teams usually make it to the tournament. I wonder what the exact percentage is since I couldn't find that number

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

4 minutes ago, Cmr3 said:

We really need this game to help our net, but if I had to pick a game out of the next 3 to lose it would be this one. The other two games if we lose to Tulane or Tulsa, we’re for sure not getting a at large. 

If we win the next 3 games,  I think we are for sure a at large bid even if we lose in the American tournament. 

I still think we have to lose in the conference finals to have a realistic shot at an at-large. Even then, it will be 50/50. If we lose in the semis we are looking at a 10% chance of getting an at-large. We can't lose in the quarters.