• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

need advice: taking my kid to the Tulane game…

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

it’s been a long time since i’ve been to an MBB game. i used to just walk up, buy the cheapest ticket & sit wherever there was an empty seat (there were plenty).

suddenly i have a 13 year old who earned his role as a bench warner on his middle school team this year & FINALLY, after years of having zero interest in sports, has an interest in my favorite sport of all… basketball.

& it’s happening at a time when the USF MBB program is as good as its ever been. i had contemplated a Celtics game in Orlando, but his mother & i went to MBB games at the Sun Dome when we were dating & i want him to understand the importance of USF to my life, to our family & hopefully get him thinking about being a Bull one day.

SO…

i am the “super loud obnoxious fan” type, my son is more reserved & low key but enjoys watching me act a fool.

what section would be best for a rowdy (but not offensive) dad taking his kid to his first real basketball game not held in a middle school gym?

i want to be close enough to the action where he can get the full experience but not so deep that he feels he has to stand & scream all game. definitely dont want to be near any bougie sitters who like to watch their live basketball in peace & quiet.

basically does anyone have any recommendations on a loud but not intense section where we can stand & scream when appropriate but still sit down & enjoy a hot dog & explain the game to my son.

any suggestions?

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  360
  • Days Won:  0

The general admission tickets. If you get there early enough you can get the first row behind the basket. We usually do club seats but did the gen ad one night and it really wasn’t bad at all. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,352
  • Days Won:  5

There were some great $1200 seats available for last game

• Haha 3
  • Me no likey 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,632
  • Days Won:  6

Buy general admission tickets, get there early and sit in the last row of section 106, 107 or 108.  You can stand the entire game if you'd like.  I do it often.  If you can sit in the last row under the DJ, you're golden.  Your kid will love it.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  830
  • Days Won:  1

Behind the opponents bench. Let's see how super loud and obnoxious you can really get. 

• Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,525
  • Days Won:  422

Definitely the GA tix, behind the basket .......

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

10 hours ago, 79 Bull said:

Buy general admission tickets, get there early and sit in the last row of section 106, 107 or 108.  You can stand the entire game if you'd like.  I do it often.  If you can sit in the last row under the DJ, you're golden.  Your kid will love it.

pefect response. exactly what i was looking for.

i live in Palmetto, i was thinking of driving up early & giving him a tour of the campus then heading over to the YLC for the game.

i’ll grab the GA tix & follow this advice. thanks 🙏🏽

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,632
  • Days Won:  6

@TRUTH D. Antagonist To get seats in that row, I would definitely walk in that section by 6:15-6:25 at the latest to be safe. Have fun!

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,951
  • Days Won:  12

shout out to all the embarassing dads out there

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 2

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Get GA seats, definitely the most bang for your buck.  I think the only area that stands the entire time is the Student Section which will be directly opposite of that GA section.  I've been to about 7 games this year and it is a fun time with this team.

• Upvote 1